Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you like to eat on Easter or Passover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like to eat on Easter or Passover?

Hello everyone.
    Tomorrow is Easter.
    And let's hear it for Passover!
    I believe special foods and possibly drinks will be consumed.
    Care to share them with everyone?
    I think Dolley is cooking a ham in the oven.
    We might have some Polish sausage.
    Turkey breast.
    Hard boiled eggs.
    Pepsi, diet-Pepsi, milk and coffee.
    My mom used to make cheese.
    I'll bet everyone world-wide likes Polish sausage.
    I'd be their ally based on their sausage. It's good!
    Oh, feel free to post pictures of your food or pictures of what you would like.
    Last edited by Slug; 03 Apr 10, 15:58.
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

As we have a variety of guests this Sunday, most with bland tastes (), I'm doing a selection of chicken breasts .
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

2 of my favorites for passover:

-Haroset:
      One of the "mandatory" things to eat traditionally, to remind us the mortar we slaved in while in Egypt (texture wise, not taste..). There are different ways of making it and our family recipe calls for cashew,pistachio, peanuts and other kinds of nuts your into, throw them in the mixer and grind them (but not too much, you don't won't it to turn into dust).
      Put the results in a bowl and cover it with Silan (data honey), I'd say stair it but that's almost impossible so just wait until the bulk of the nuts sink and a somewhat homogeneous mixture appears.
      Be sure not to try it if you have any heart or cholesterol conditions

-Matzebray:
      Eggs and Matza on a 2 to 1 ratio (favoring the eggs) serving one you'll need about 2 Matzas and obviously 4 eggs.

Scramble the eggs (liquid) in a bowl with some milk, wet the Matzas and break it into small pieces, throw it in the liquid and sink it.
      The end result of the mixture should be having most of the liquid absorbed in the Matzas.
      Then throw it all on the pen and cook it like an Omelet.

Comment

We're doing lasagna this year.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

We usually have ham or a roast but the weather is beautiful this year so I'm grilling outside.

Probable menu:

grilled marinated salmon
          cauliflower smash
          salad
          biscuits

we were going to have cherry pie for desert but it did not survive breakfast.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
            Hello everyone.
            Tomorrow is Easter.
            And let's hear it for Passover!
            I believe special foods and possibly drinks will be consumed.
            Care to share them with everyone?
            I think Dolley is cooking a ham in the oven.
            We might have some Polish sausage.
            Turkey breast.
            Hard boiled eggs.
            Pepsi, diet-Pepsi, milk and coffee.
            My mom used to make cheese.
            I'll bet everyone world-wide likes Polish sausage.
            I'd be their ally based on their sausage. It's good!
            Oh, feel free to post pictures of your food or pictures of what you would like.
            Almost anything put in front of me.

But I like Ham, chicken, and ribs with grits and gravy; just fine up here in gloomy, chilly, Sacremento anytime of year.

Thanks.

Comment

Usually ham, but this year we wanted our son to make reservations at the restaurant of his choice. He picked an excellent Italian place that we've been to before.

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I cooked the usual roast ham along with smoked holiday kielbassa, a green bean casserole, au-gratin potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, steamed kernel corn and dinner rolls. We've got enough left-overs for much of next week.
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I made a Ham and a small hickory smoked turkey breast, Potato Salad, baked beans, candied carrots, cheese broccoli casserole, dinner rolls and for desert strawberry shortcake and a fruit salad...we consumed a couple of bottles of wine and now I am getting hungry again..
                  "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                  "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

The foods that i gave up for lent.
                    "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
                    Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

When I was a kid, chocolate bunnies & jelly beans.

Around these parts oven-roasted smoke ham-shoulder is "the thing" with typical "country" sides like sum greens, and some type of potato, yadda-yadda-yadda. Candied yams are very popular but, ehhhh...

Hard boiled eggs are nice, but not 2 many ...

Personally, I like a good fried chicken dinner with some nice warm-weather food like...potato salad. Or, a good corned-beef & cabbage. Yummmm..

Oooo, I know. A pork-tenderloin roast with potatoes and carrots. That's "tha bomb"!
                      Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

...honey-glazed ham, potatoes au gratin, bbaked butternut squash, baby peas and for dessert, Wendy made a lemon chiffon thingy with real whipped cream that went down very well withthe Australian chardonnay. Then I got to eat CHOCOLATE!!!
                        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Then I got to eat CHOCOLATE!!!
                          Yeah, I know that... eating marathon at different stations around the families... all of which assume that you didnt eat anythig the last week.
                          And then the waffle of thin mint chocolate.
                          (watch for language and... british humor)
                          Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
                          Wirft über Land und Meer
                          Weithin der deutsche Aar
                          Flammenden Blick.

Comment

On Good Friday Family Went Out to Joey's Only (Fish Restaurant)

We Had Pork Tenderloin and honey-glazed ham for Easter. And The Family Makes a whole assortment of Side Dishes. Orange-Cream Salad(its a almost icing sugar [sweet] with bits or orange), grandmothers Famous Macaroni Salad. Deviled Eggs and Sex-in-a-pan for Dessert.
                            God didn’t create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
                              I made a Ham and a small hickory smoked turkey breast, Potato Salad, baked beans, candied carrots, cheese broccoli casserole, dinner rolls and for desert strawberry shortcake and a fruit salad...we consumed a couple of bottles of wine and now I am getting hungry again..
                              Yeah, but I'd venture to say, it's not for food or drink!..
                              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X