Five Guys In CANADA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Guys In CANADA

I'm Happy To Announce the Opening of the very 1st Five Guys In Canada!

Where? My Local City Of Medicine Hat Alberta!

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...to-canada.aspx

Obamaís burger joint of choice is coming to Canada. Five Guys Burgers and Fries, a U.S. burger chain, will open its first international location in Medicine Hat, Alta., in January.
    On the Radio We got Constant Talk about the development of Great One's Favourite Burger Joint.

Personally It's Really Good Slightly More Expensive than our other competing joints but the amount of Food you get is phenomenal when compared. Also Its One of the Few Places in the Entire City where you can get Free Refills. (Costco and few other choice places).
    God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
    Also Its One of the Few Places in the Entire City where you can get Free Refills. (Costco and few other choice places).
    No free refills? Here its so commonplace that places that don't have them seem the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
      No free refills? Here its so commonplace that places that don't have them seem the exception.
      Ya its a Real Shocker.

Go Down in the States and we Feel So Lucky as we get to choose and Mix the Pops. However It Seems To Be the Way Canadian Diet as After Half Way down the 1st Refill The Majority will just top it off and walk away and they won't finish that pop for a good long while.

Well Also 2 Of The Biggest Complaints I've Heard are
      - Too Busy (1 in an entire country your bound to be busy)
      - TOO MUCH FOOD ( Calling a double a regular burger got a few people angry as they couldn't finish their meal)

Personal Experience When We Went Into Florida went to a Nice Restaurant as a Kid (bout 10) we ordered and the only person who could finish was my Father and he Was Full After. Next Time Around Mother Ordered off the Kids Meal just so she could finish her meal
      God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
        Ya its a Real Shocker.

Go Down in the States and we Feel So Lucky as we get to choose and Mix the Pops. However It Seems To Be the Way Canadian Diet as After Half Way down the 1st Refill The Majority will just top it off and walk away and they won't finish that pop for a good long while.
        I couldn't manage. Will they at least serve your soda with no ice?

Well Also 2 Of The Biggest Complaints I've Heard are
        - Too Busy (1 in an entire country your bound to be busy)
        - TOO MUCH FOOD ( Calling a double a regular burger got a few people angry as they couldn't finish their meal)
        You guys have it rough up there!

Personal Experience When We Went Into Florida went to a Nice Restaurant as a Kid (bout 10) we ordered and the only person who could finish was my Father and he Was Full After. Next Time Around Mother Ordered off the Kids Meal just so she could finish her meal

In Miami?

Comment

Portion Size

It's been an ongoing problem down here. The actual cost of the ingredients is not the largest component of the cost of your meal. So to increase 'value' companies have been ramping up portion sizes.

We mostly compensate by eating fewer meals per day or ordering things that make good leftovers for the next meal.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
            I couldn't manage. Will they at least serve your soda with no ice?

You guys have it rough up there!

In Miami?

1. ya they give u exactly what u want to drink.
            2. I know eh so much food
            3. Think it Was Orlando Or Miami.... IIRC it was a 4/5 star hotel restaurant.

GCoyote. I Think we have like a unwritten Code Only Take What You Eat And If You Can't Finish It You Shouldn't Have gotten it. . Besides Kids and the Elderly You'll hardly ever see somebody asking to have leftovers. Although that would be pretty cost effective to just eat leftovers

Comment

What really ticks me off is the fast food restaurants where they fill your drink for you and it's 70% ice and 30% beverage

No free refills?
              Free refills are pretty rare here in the states outside of fast food chains. Virtually every restaurant I have been too from chain casual like Applebee's or TGI Friday's to 4 star high end restaurants charges for refills.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                What really ticks me off is the fast food restaurants where they fill your drink for you and it's 70% ice and 30% beverage
                Yes, its true. Thats why you should stop at 7-Eleven on the way to Taco Bell!

Free refills are pretty rare here in the states outside of fast food chains. Virtually every restaurant I have been too from chain casual like Applebee's or TGI Friday's to 4 star high end restaurants charges for refills.
                That hasn't been my experience travelling throughout the south. For the most part, if the soft drink comes out of a soda fountain, it will be refilled without charge. Same thing for iced tea or sweet tea. Indeed, I think places that charge for refils under those circumstances are the exception. Must be a regional thing.

Comment

I finally tried the Five Guys near my house. It was pretty good. Certainly not the best, but pretty good. The fries were excellent. Some tasty iced tea as well. For the price, I don't think you could beat it.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

As a devotee of the original 5 Guys in Alexandria, Va. I'm glad to hear that the rest of North America can now enjoy their great burgers and fries. Admittedly, one needs to read the menu closely to realize that the "regular" burger is a double, but where else can you get every condiment and topping for no extra price. Personally I go with for a "junior" bacon cheeseburger with mayo, grilled onions, mushrooms, and their wonderful mt. olive pickles and split a "small" fries with my wife. The peanuts while you wait are also great.
                    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

We just got one.

Haven't been in, reviews were awful...
                      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X