Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you be drinking this New Year's Eve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spansish champagne! Not much though I'm with Mom and Dad.

Comment

I drank Mickey's malt liqour in the 40 oz. bottle, because I'm from the "old school" like that...
      "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

All I had were two smirnoffs and a glass of fat tire... 'twas good judgment for I would have not have reacted well to my friend's silly string joke on my car afterwards! JK
        De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

...New Year's eve???I missed it?
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
            ...New Year's eve???I missed it?
            By midnight I was a bit tipsy, I heard the fireworks and thought it was a shoot-out...
            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
              I drank Mickey's malt liqour in the 40 oz. bottle, because I'm from the "old school" like that...
              Back in the day, Mickey's was a pretty tasty pour with lots of hops and malt, unlike most "malt liquors". It also had a healthy punch to it. When I was down on my funds, we used to drink quite a bit of it.
              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Italian wine and champagne....lots and lots
                "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                  Back in the day, Mickey's was a pretty tasty pour with lots of hops and malt, unlike most "malt liquors". It also had a healthy punch to it. When I was down on my funds, we used to drink quite a bit of it.
                  Yeah, in general I prefer a micro-beverage of some kind, but Mickey's is acceptable for times of fun and economic difficulty.

I love to get 40 oz. bottles once in a while, brings back good memories...

BoRG

Comment

Had Red Duck Pale Ale quite by chance for the first time and it was superb. Favourite pale is usually James Squires but this was even better.
                    Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

- Champagne
                      - Bergerac blanc (sweet wine)
                      - Macon Village Blanc
                      - Cotes de Provence Rouge
                      à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
                      (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

I quite the Belgian way of dishing out of drinks. As you walk in the door you are handed a fizzy white wine/champagne to have with some Hors d'œuvre. Then a Rose with a fish starter, followed by a red for the main course. Perhaps a dessert wine with pudding, then on with the beer (8%+ ) for afters. I always thought Beer before wine, fine, wine before beer, queer, but this seems to work .
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X