No announcement yet.

What are you making for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local organic turkey, brussels sprouts, squash and stuffing. We tried something different this year, we soaked the turkey in a brine solution, well brine and apple pieces, peppercorns, cinnamon and some other stuff I can't remember overnight. Made the turkey very juicy and tasty without buying an artificially injected butterball. California and BC wine to boot, bought an excellent Geneva red for yesterday's steak supper and some limoncello for dessert. The Xmas cookies were Greek though, kourebedes (shortbread) and melomakarona (honey dipped cookies).

Comment

I saw the brining method on the Butterball website.I've been using the method for years for my corn on the cob.Soak the unhusked ears for a few hours or overnight in a strong salt and sugar solution,then wrap(leave the husks on) in foil and cook on the upper rack of the grill for about 45 minutes.

Nothing extra was necessary to make that Butterball I cooked tastier or juicer.I came out perfect.It might just have been the juiciest turkey I ever had.It tasted so good.As far as injecting is concerned,I regularly inject Oven-Stuffer Roasters and London Broils,but I didn't do anything like that with this turkey.I think that because I used a fresh turkey also made a big difference.

I hope everyone else's Christmas feasts were as filling and enjoyable as mine.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

There were so many people at Mom's house for Christmas dinner that there were no leftovers except some ham, rolls and butter! Slug finished the ham on a midnight kitchen raid. Needless to say, I wanted some turkey so I'm baking one right now for a late lunch today, Robin wanted ambrosia, Slug wanted more ham, so here we are having the full Christmas dinner on repeat! At least we'll have leftovers for the next few days...unless our son brings his friends over.
        Love. Where does it come from?
        from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Working...
        X