What are you making for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you making for Christmas?

I'm starting my Christmas grocery shopping this week with the intent to be done by Friday. I'm going to 'roast' something, just not sure what it will be yet.

What's one everyone's menu? (Or are you farther behind than I am? )
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Tamales.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      Tamales.
      Not my favorite. Now if you were making chili rellenos I might drop in for bite.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
        Not my favorite. Now if you were making chili rellenos I might drop in for bite.
        My wife makes awesome chili rellenos... But her tamales are even better... Especially the Oaxaca cheese & jalapeno tamales.

She'll usually make 4 different types of tamales:
        Carnitos (shredded pork w/ ancho chili paste).
        Cheese & jalapeno.
        Refried beans.
        Raisins & nuts (sweet tamales).

I'm not allowed to help... Or even be in the kitchen till it's time to clean up...
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Just picked up the main course.It's a 24lb fresh Butterball turkey.I've never done this before,so any suggestions on making sure it's nice and juicy?
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            Just picked up the main course.It's a 24lb fresh Butterball turkey.I've never done this before,so any suggestions on making sure it's nice and juicy?
            Just follow the directions on its label and you can't go wrong. Butterball turkeys are infused with a butter/margarine, plus turkey stock solution to keep the meat moist. It makes the cooking practically fool-proof.
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              My wife makes awesome chili rellenos... But her tamales are even better... Especially the Oaxaca cheese & jalapeno tamales.

She'll usually make 4 different types of tamales:
              Carnitos (shredded pork w/ ancho chili paste).
              Cheese & jalapeno.
              Refried beans.
              Raisins & nuts (sweet tamales).

I'm not allowed to help... Or even be in the kitchen till it's time to clean up...
              Oh yeah...That's the good Stuff!!

Comment

We'll have a houseful of people, so I'll be cooking a boneless ham, plus a medium-rare, bottom round roast beef for our Christmas main dishes. We'll also have candied sweet potatoes, garlic and horse radish mashed potatoes, an au-jus gravy, a green bean casserole, kernel corn, plus corn bread and a multi-vegetable tossed salad.

That doesn't even speak about the desserts afterwards. Merry Christmas everyone!!
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Anyone ever deepfry a Butterball?
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I'm making nothing. My sister and I pitch in money 50-50 and we buy Christmas food from a Polish deli. We celebrate and eat at my sister's. Our parents live in Poland.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

We had Lobster and italian Frutti di Mare salad as anti pasti followed by Quiche lorraine and a bit of bread and cheese to finish.

Tomorrow will be lamp and the day after Turkey.

Also every day will see a large breakfast with various smoked fish, bread cheese and meat like wild boar cut. Oh and for in between Stollen, Nut-cake, butter cookies, Lebkuchen etc. We then cerimoniously explode with a piece of peppermint-choclate.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Kimi; 24 Dec 09, 16:30.
                      Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
                      Wirft über Land und Meer
                      Weithin der deutsche Aar
                      Flammenden Blick.

Comment

Anyone ever deepfry a Butterball?
                        No,Can't say I have,but I have heard about mars bar in deepfry Batter.

I'm making nothing. My sister and I pitch in money 50-50 and we buy Christmas food
                        My style of thinking,there ist more important thing to do than cook on Christmas day.

Comment

Originally posted by ELLE View Post
                          No,Can't say I have,but I have heard about mars bar in deepfry Batter.
                          Elle, a Butterball is brand of turkey famous for being injected with butter. It is meant to keep the turkey moist when baked/roasted in an oven. Deep frying turkeys has become an American fad the last decade of so, being very dangerous and sometime starting a massive oil fire that can burn down a house. I was wondering if the injected butter might make a Butterball turkey even more dangerous than a normal turkey.

Yes, the Mars bar is sometimes fried, along with just about anything that is bad for you.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

10 pounds of delicious rock salt encrusted prime rib.

Comment

bon apetite

Been a rough year so we kept it simple. Corned eye-of-round with our favorite vegies, flaky biscuits, and slab of cheese cake.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X