No announcement yet.

Really good, affordable whiskey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once saw a guy drop three ice cubes into a glass of single malt Scotch. I asked him if he'd like a squirt of ketchup to change the flavor too. What a knot head!.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
      I once saw a guy drop three ice cubes into a glass of single malt Scotch. I asked him if he'd like a squirt of ketchup to change the flavor too. What a knot head!.
      See, I disagree, John. I've heard it called "cracking" the scotch. I think it brings the flavor out to have it over a bit of ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
        The only real travesty when it comes to whiskey, is telling other people how to drink theirs.
        You, sir, are a truly wise man.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
          See, I disagree, John. I've heard it called "cracking" the scotch. I think it brings the flavor out to have it over a bit of ice.
          Single malt Scotch is truly a holy, perfect mixture in of itself, unadulterated by nothing. The addition of anything else only bastardizes its original taste and intent. Blended Scotch is not the same and you can mix it with orange juice if you have a mind to.
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
            Single malt Scotch is truly a holy, perfect mixture in of itself, unadulterated by nothing. The addition of anything else only bastardizes its original taste and intent. Blended Scotch is not the same and you can mix it with orange juice if you have a mind to.
            I disagree. I too don't drink whiskey other than neat (no matter single or blended) however, different people enjoy their alcohol differently. If you have the money to- by all means, mix your Lagavulin with soda water.
            I'll eat my heart out in the corner, but I'll never intervene with your choice.

On a side note- there are special ice cubes designed for single malt, its a sort of stone that doesn't melt, just cools the drink. Also, most "experts" recommend a few drops of water in a single malt to "open it up".

Again- I don't do that, but if it works for you- go ahead...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X