The worst _____ was in_____

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst _____ was in_____

Where did you have the worst STEAK, etc.

The worst steak that I ever had was in Childress TX.

The worst Pizza was in Paris France.

The worst hamburger was in London, Wimpies

The worst Ribs was in Bush Gardens, VA

The worst Red cabbage was in Bush Gardens, VA

The worst sauage/hot dog was in the south of France.

The worst fish was in London.

The worst chips/fries was in London.

Lets try to keep national pride out of this. IF we can.

HP
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Worst ground round (I think, I was only ten years old) in San Diego Xmas 1976 ... family holiday to Disneyland, Sea World and Knott's Berry Farm. EVERY bloody restaurant was closed except this crappy diner.

Worst pizza, res dining room at Carleton University in Ottawa.

Worst sandwich, many chains here in Geneva that insist on glopping tons of mayo.

Comment

The worst pizza I ever had was in Bankok. I think it had fish oil on it.

Comment

The worst steak I have ever had was in Palm Springs California. A fancy little bistro on the main strip. I paid something like 35 dollars and got an overdone little spec of meat. Now before you all criticize me for eating steak at a bistro...it did say "Sirloin Steak" on the sign on the sidewalk.

The best pizza I have ever had was in Hiroshima Japan. They had an Italian Restaraunt there that had the best hand tossed pizza I have ever had. It was light on toppings but the flavor of everything just melded together so perfectly. You could get combinations like eggplant and fish, or ham and soft boiled eggs. Along with the more tradional fare.

Ben
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

I've been mulling this over, and I'm having trouble thinking of the worst of various types of food I've had. Best of whatever springs to mind easily, but worst I can think of only two right now.

The worst sandwich I ever had was offered to me by an elderly customer when I was a postie (mail main), in a Perth WA suburb. It was supposed to be a corned beef sandwich. After a couple of bites, I noticed maggots coming out of the meat.

The other 'worst' I clearly remember is the worst take-away chicken meal, back in the mid 1970's. I was sitting in my car with a mate and two chicks, in the drive-in movie theatre in the dark (anyone remember them?) and munching on a piece of chicken but it tasted a bit strange. I flicked the interior light on, and there was half a dead mouse in the carton. I was sure I hadn't actually eaten the other half; that there had only been half a mouse there to begin with; nevertheless I now understood why the flavour of that chicken had been suspicious! The others stopped eating theirs too, even though they hadn't got the half-mouse freebie that I'd been so lucky to score.
          Last edited by panther3485; 01 Oct 09, 10:24.
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by Leftie View Post
            "The best pizza I have ever had was in Hiroshima Japan. They had an Italian Restaraunt there that had the best hand tossed pizza I have ever had. It was light on toppings but the flavor of everything just melded together so perfectly. You could get combinations like eggplant and fish, or ham and soft boiled eggs. Along with the more tradional fare."
            If we're allowed to talk about 'best', the best Pizza I ever had was in a country town called Healesville, in Victoria, Australia. Around 1976 or 77 IIRC. It was a family business, and I think they were either Italian or Albanian. Mediterranean people, at least. All natural fresh ingredients; prepared while you waited and watched; cooked to absolute perfection on pastry of perfect consistency and thickness, slightly crisp around the edges. Bloody fantastic! Especially after a few beers.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

The worst steak I ever had was at a Bonanza in Beaumont, Texas back in 1972. I am from the charred and black school of "well done". It came blood red and barely grilled....

Worst meal was at a place in Sulphur, LA that is thankfully no longer open. I ordered one off the menu. The waitress came back 10 minutes later and said sorry we are out of that, so I looked again and ordered something else. Ten minutes later she came back and repeated the same message so I got smarter and asked exactly what on the menu was there? She told me and went off to give it to the kitchen. The waitress never came back to check on us or re-fill our drinks.

My future ex got to watch me eat as her meal came 20 minutes before mine did. She kept fussing about the waitress and how bad she was, until I got the check and we got up to leave. My sweet spouse looked at me and saw I was digging in my pocket for a tip and said "You are not tipping her are you?". I said I was giving her exactly what she earned and left a nickel. Her eyes got wide and said "Lets get out of here!". I walked slowly to the register and paid and left.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The Army for all of the above. Most days it was adequate, occasionally it was quite good. Every once in a while however

I may have had worse in college once or twice but that was even farther back.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X