Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like to make in the fall?

Autumn begins tomorrow.

Any special recipes or dining traditions for the change of seasons?

Attached Files
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Pumpkin soup...gotta a receipe at home. Game as well.

Comment

My wife is planning to make pumpkin cheesecake on the next long weekend. Should be great.

Comment

what's a 'honker'?

With the coming of the cooler weather, I take the opportunity to delve into soup-making. It's hard to make a bad one (although if you make a good one often enough it goes 'bad' through overuse) One of my favorites is Kale/Potato/Onion(Leek) and Honker soup. It's hearty, uses up a lot of that rough kale that you overplanted last summer and keeps well(gets better) in the refrigerator.

-Arrr! Dead men eat no kale!
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Pumpkin beer...........
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
            Pumpkin beer...........
            OO-Oo-o-o-o yesss!
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
              My wife is planning to make pumpkin cheesecake on the next long weekend. Should be great.
              Pumpkin soup...gotta a receipe at home. Game as well.
              Don't forget to keep a camera ready and to post recipes! As well as descriptions telling us how great it all is. This is necessary for all us like LanceWilliams who need to live our food lives vicariously through other ACG cooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                Don't forget to keep a camera ready and to post recipes! As well as descriptions telling us how great it all is. This is necessary for all us like LanceWilliams who need to live our food lives vicariously through other ACG cooks.
                And I do LOVE cheesecake.
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                  And I do LOVE cheesecake.
                  Hmm I've never made cheesecake, but maybe I'll see what I can do for you.
                  In the meantime, do any of you have an immersion blender for a pumpkin soup recipe I have?

Comment

"honker" - wifey's name for any kind of sausage that is not a hot dog...in the case of kale soup, a pan fried or grilled Italian sausage with fennel..cut into 1/2 inch slices and added just before serving..
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

cheap cut of beef/mince, beans, tomato puree, any kind of veg you want, put in pot, boil for half an hour
                      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
                      Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

...distilling apple squeezings....
                        take the mash from a cider press, boil it down in a tin lined copper boiler with a tight lid. Run a 15 foot tube of coiled 1/4" copper flexpipe from the boiler lid thru a bag of ice, filter it into bottles. Let it sit for a week before drinking...HOO-AHHH!!!
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
                          ...distilling apple squeezings....
                          take the mash from a cider press, boil it down in a tin lined copper boiler with a tight lid. Run a 15 foot tube of coiled 1/4" copper flexpipe from the boiler lid thru a bag of ice, filter it into bottles. Let it sit for a week before drinking...HOO-AHHH!!!
                          Save me a mason jar of that!

Comment

What I make in Fall

Escarole soup and model rockets. Not necessarily in that order!
                            Attached Files

Comment

A grouse and rice dish.

When I actually shot a grouse that is - more times than not it is me walking around the woods for hours for exercise.
                              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X