What was your first beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first beer?

My first beer was the long-gone, Knickerbocker, which my father used to drink.

It was Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. This was back in the early 60's. I was four years old and my Grandfather and great-uncle were digging a cesspool in the backyard on a hot, summer day, near his hunting cabin in northern Michigan. I was tasked with bringing them stubby bottles of PBR whenever they called up to the house for some. I started by drinking the foam at the bottom of the empty bottles and soon graduated to taking sips from each fresh bottle that I delivered to them. After 8 or 9 trips, they noticed that their bottles were arriving half drained before they ever drank any. By my 12th trip, I was delivering one empty and one full bottle to them. It was very apparent that I was completely hammered and my mom put me to bed to sleep it off. I have been a very strong fan of the hops and barley ever since.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

excellent. tis as it should have been. kissess fer Mom and in my case Granny who did something similar in 68. PBR? that was probably number three or four.... the first two were however the legendary Grainbelt and Schmidt.

Number five and six were probably Pearl and Lone Star.

Comment

Bud in about 61 -62 on the way to an away game with the gang. Tasted like shhh then, it still does.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon in 1979 at 16 years old. I haven't drank it since.

I followed up that excursion with some Hamm's. Equally wretched. Then moved on to Blatz. Horrid also.

The reason for all the nasty beers? They were cheap! IIRC, something like a buck and a half for a six-pack. And it was 3.2 swill at that.
          Last edited by R. Evans; 16 Aug 09, 16:02.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

tsk tsk ye had to get the shittty ones really cold. Hamms was a good one fer that but Blatz? nah to much like Schlitz...it didnt matter.

b
            CV

Comment

For me it was probably Bud when I was little.My Dad or Uncles would let me have a sip.Never liked it.I was a good boy in highschool.I just looked like a burnout with my long hair,Schott Perfecto leather jacket and Iron Maiden shirts.Didn't really fit the Honorss classes I was in.When we graduated,my friends dad bought us a twelve pack of Heineken.Three friends and myself were ready to get plastered.Not a single one of us could finish the first beer.Then,a couple of years later I had my first Sam Adams Boston Lager.I was hooked.I became a microbrew fanatic.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Narrangansett, also affectionately known as Nastygansett
                "We fight, get beat, rise and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene

Comment

Probably a swig of Rheingold... I was about 5 or 6.

The first can of beer I actually drank was probably Miller High Life... I was probably 15... Maybe 16.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
                    tsk tsk ye had to get the shittty ones really cold. Hamms was a good one fer that but Blatz? nah to much like Schlitz...it didnt matter.

b
                    CV
                    Oh, they were cold. Didn't help the taste much. But they did what they were supposed to.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Stroh's. Or was it Schlitz?
                      Amber bottle with a yellow label.
                      Do they even make that anymore?
                      This was '78.
                      Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSoldier View Post
                        Stroh's. Or was it Schlitz?
                        Amber bottle with a yellow label.
                        Do they even make that anymore?
                        This was '78.
                        That sounds more like Stroh's, not bad considering the time and location.

Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon followed by a Carling Black Label. Was not a great drinking experience.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                            Probably a swig of Rheingold... I was about 5 or 6.

The first can of beer I actually drank was probably Miller High Life... I was probably 15... Maybe 16.
                            I think my father went to Miller High Life - the champagne of beers- after Knickerbocker went out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhbuckeye View Post
                              Pabst Blue Ribbon followed by a Carling Black Label. Was not a great drinking experience.
                              Do you what to say that again?

That was about the only S--- we got up north in I Corps, rusted cans and all. Still tasted better than coke.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X