Darn, Indian Cuisine just Blows me Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn, Indian Cuisine just Blows me Away

The presentation is absolutely stunning.

What's your experience with cuisine from India?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

For a Westerner such as myself it stand heads an shoulders above other. You can forget Italian, tomatoes with something else or Tex-Mex. Beans, stripped meat and some hot sauce.

Now Indian. So many little hidden taste on one fork full. All different and even exotic compare to others.

You first pic does not do it justice. Tin foil plates? Carry out maybe?

HP
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Excellent food.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

We have some excellent Indian food in Vancouver as Duncan will testify, and a variety as well, Punjabi for example thanks to the large Sikh community.

I was surprised to find some nice Indian/Pakistani in Geneva, yes very very good food. One that vegetarians/vegans/carnivores can all enjoy. I have nothing bad to say about it except watch the pakoras and some of those desserts, calorie bombs. Otherwise very healthy.

Comment

Now for some class Indian this is the place to try. One of the very best dinning experiences that I have had, and that says a lot.

Note the location, but still with in the means of most.

Dinner for three with a $10 Congac after and it came out to $80. Not a whole lot more than dinner at Pizza Hut.

First Class service, door man, white piano with player, and the food was supeior. I can not recommend this place HIGH enough.

http://www.bombayclubdc.com/

Take the tour! We had the table in the left front.

HP

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
            Now for some class Indian this is the place to try. One of the very best dinning experiences that I have had, and that says a lot.

Note the location, but still with in the means of most.

Dinner for three with a $10 Congac after and it came out to $80. Not a whole lot more than dinner at Pizza Hut.

First Class service, door man, white piano with player, and the food was supeior. I can not recommend this place HIGH enough.

http://www.bombayclubdc.com/

Take the tour! We had the table in the left front.

HP
            $25 and all the champagne you can drink ? Probably not Pernod-Ricard Perrier-Jouet then . Probably not even as good as a decent beer ?
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I can eat Indian (Punjabi or Bengali, I'm flexible) eight days a week. Indeed, for a spell, I did. Indian food in Pakistan, however, was somewhat . . . . disappointing. They spiced it up plenty, but they left out the tamarind, and without a dose of tetracycline first, you're gonna get the squirts something fierce.

Now I cook my own at home. I still can't get enough.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                I can eat Indian (Punjabi or Bengali, I'm flexible) eight days a week. Indeed, for a spell, I did. Indian food in Pakistan, however, was somewhat . . . . disappointing. They spiced it up plenty, but they left out the tamarind, and without a dose of tetracycline first, you're gonna get the squirts something fierce.

Now I cook my own at home. I still can't get enough.
                Best foreign food is normally where you live . Best local food is where you are .

Whatever the country .
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I was interested to learn that supposedly the largest tandoor oven outside of India itself is right here in Toronto. One of our grocery stores here sells a ton of Indian "inspired" foods (they have a tandoori chicken wings that are pretty durn good, for boxed grocery food). Apparently, they figured if they were going to do it, they were going to do it right and brought someone in from India to build the thing.

But yeah, I can eat Indian food often. I'm a big cilantro fan.

Comment

Looks really good.

I've always wanted to try Indian food but the nearest would probably be in Kansas City or Tulsa which are both two hours away.
                    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

A whole block of Lower Manhattan (the real one, not the one in Kansas) is devoted to Indian eateries. They all know me on a first name basis.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I love a good Indian
                        "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
                        Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          $25 and all the champagne you can drink ? Probably not Pernod-Ricard Perrier-Jouet then . Probably not even as good as a decent beer ?
                          Figure it out Nick. $ 80 for three minus y 9$ dollar Cognac, two blocks from the white House and what do you have? A relatively reasonably priced meal for three or $ 25 in a setting that is hard to top. Location, location! It comes out to LESS than $25, desert was extra and that was also very good, all for $90 and change. Find me a place close to nay other seat of government that offers the same quality for that price. Bet you can't.

HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X