Garlic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic

Garlic is one of those few foods that most people like and yet is actually very healthy for you.

When people say they like Italian food its usually because they like the garlic, and whats not to like about garlic bread. I tend to put garlic in almost everything I can, well, almost everything .

I'm roasting a Chicken right now stuffed with a bulb of garlic cut in two, a lemon cut in two and covered in an excessive amount of unsalted butter and paprika .

I you want to live longer and healthier eat more. Usually best away from work though to avoid complaints .
    Its fantastic!
    80.43%
    Its okay.
    13.04%
    Ugh!
    6.52%
    Whats garlic?
    0.00%
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

I like garlic, butter, and shrimp. There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Comment

I always laugh when i see people take garlic capsules, but don't eat garlic. I however love the stuff.
      "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
      Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        Garlic is one of those few foods that most people like and yet is actually very healthy for you.

When people say they like Italian food its usually because they like the garlic, and whats not to like about garlic bread. I tend to put garlic in almost everything I can, well, almost everything .

I'm roasting a Chicken right now stuffed with a bulb of garlic cut in two, a lemon cut in two and covered in an excessive amount of unsalted butter and paprika .

I you want to live longer and healthier eat more. Usually best away from work though to avoid complaints .
        great stuff Nic great food. garlic is a requirement not just fer italian but for everything...heart healthy and it's a damn fine additive when bbq-ing rattle snake.

Comment

Oh, YES!

I have a jar of garlic in the frig sitting in olive oil. I have whole garlic to grill tomarrow. I have chopped garlic in a jar to add a dash to schabbled eggs. I have two complete gloves to add to the next pot of chili. The last and next pizza I order well be covered with garlic, peppers and cheese.

Na, I don't like garlic. Neither does my dentist
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I like it but in moderation. Too much can kill even the best dish.

Comment

Garlic? What's not to like?

Just a couple of reservations - its not that great in breakfast cereal, or in custard.

Pretty much everywhere else? FINE!

Baldric

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                I like it but in moderation. Too much can kill even the best dish.

HUSHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

There is even garlic soup and once it's finished some of the best tasting food you can try. The garlic is a soft and sweet taste and leaves little of the oder after eatting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                    There is even garlic soup and once it's finished some of the best tasting food you can try. The garlic is a soft and sweet taste and leaves little of the oder after eatting it.
                    Yep, you need to roast it in its skin first to get that sweet taste .
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Human necessities...
                      1. Air
                      2. Water
                      3. Red Wine
                      4. Garlic
                      5. Food
                      6. Shelter
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        Human necessities...
                        1. Air
                        2. Water
                        3. Red Wine
                        4. Garlic
                        5. Food
                        6. Shelter
                        What about beer? Can we have 7 necessities?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

hmm yummy, but that garlic bread looks a little sparse my friend! Here's an idea you might want to try next time you wanna jazz it up with your special lady friend.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is no such thing as "Too Much Garlic."
                            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

That is garlic butter, basil, shredded Parmesan (NOT GRATED and NOT THE POWDER!) and sliced roman tomato with the watery inerds removed then diced. Put it under the broiler for a minute or so (don't turn your back on it under the broiler). All in all, it really good. I wanted to make some today, but found that I didn't have the right Parmesan cheese to do it...but I have the tomato and bread ready at a moments notice should I choose to give in to my desire and go to the store.
                              Last edited by Cicero; 01 Jun 09, 10:35.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X