No announcement yet.

...But a good cigar is a SMOKE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going through a giveing up phase again but used to be fond of King Edwards.
    Wack tac mac hey.
    Regards.
    Grishnak.

Comment

Wholly Mackerel Jeroen! Nice of you to find this old thread and re-animate it! I agree with you. Uppman is a really fine cigar. There are others as well but I believe that some of the old brands are still worth the price. Jose
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        Wholly Mackerel Jeroen! Nice of you to find this old thread and re-animate it! I agree with you. Uppman is a really fine cigar. There are others as well but I believe that some of the old brands are still worth the price. Jose
        It is a recently (re-)discovered pleasure that made me investigate what was written about it here at my favorite hangout
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
          Upmann
          Not only do I like these mild and smooth cigars as they fill the middle field so well.
          Smaller cigars (cigarillos etc.) often are too sharp to be really enjoyable
          Bigger cigars often are too heavy, take too long and are forbiddingly expensive to really enjoy.

Secondlly as a historian I also like the story behind these Upmann cigars: a German banker in the 1840s who liked his cigars so much he practically switched careers and moved to Cuba in order to establish himself in the cigar industry.
          He made his dream come true (and obviously had the means to do so
          Robusto Upmann's are also my favorite. The robusto Upmann was Cigar Aficionado's cigar of the year this year.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I don't partake. Being asthmatic, and being stupid in the Guards, after one half of a white owl? And less than half of an 'Its a Boy' one one of my men gave me, no more.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So Jeroen, are you fond of the European 'dry' style of cigar? or more of the new world 'fresh' rolled variety? I enjoy both. My fave European style is a Villiger 'Export'. It may be machine-made but it has a very good quality and consistency. Have never tried Schimmelpennick, have you?
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

When I worked at the country club, I would take $15 cigars and and hollow them out, fill them with weed, and make them worth smoking.

Had to give it up though. The tobacco was just too gross.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                  So Jeroen, are you fond of the European 'dry' style of cigar? or more of the new world 'fresh' rolled variety? I enjoy both. My fave European style is a Villiger 'Export'. It may be machine-made but it has a very good quality and consistency. Have never tried Schimmelpennick, have you?
                  I must admit that I never had the 'fresh' rolled experience, but I'm certainly open to it, though I may find it too wet.

Good you know about Dutch cigars
                  Schimmelpennincks are AFAIK not produced for the Dutch market any longer.
                  The Dutch can only buy them tax free while flying from Holland, but there are still other Dutch brands of cigars to be had
                  Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 06 May 13, 13:35.
                  BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X