Sunday Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Lunch

I've just finished my sunday lunch, and i'm now enjoying a rather large glass of wine.
    "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
    Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
    I've just finished my sunday lunch, and i'm now enjoying a rather large glass of wine.
    Nice! I've got three corned beef briskets cooking in a huge Dutch oven, simmering in three bottles of pale ale, plus LOTS of pickling spices and garlic. I'm going to add the potatoes, cabbage and carrots in a little while. The reason that I'm cooking so much corned beef is, if my sons even suspect that I've got corned beef cooking, they'll descend on my house like one of the plagues of Egypt. This is what I'm expecting for later today.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

What's a dutch oven?
      "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
      Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
        What's a dutch oven?
        It's an old fashioned cast iron stock pot with a lid. You can either cook with it over an open fire, or using a modern stove and oven.
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

A great thing it is too.

Comment

I decided to smoke a pork roast for Sunday dinner past. It turned-out great!

We are going to eat around 2pm on Sundays from now on, I think. The family preferred a large late lunch and a lite late dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
              I decided to smoke a pork roast for Sunday dinner past. It turned-out great!

We are going to eat around 2pm on Sundays from now on, I think. The family preferred a large late lunch and a lite late dinner.

Interesting, I recall thinking it strange when we visited my maternal grandparents as a kid and having the big meal at mid-day. My Granddad (rest his soul) was a baker who got up real early to start work then would come upstairs to his apartment where Grandma had a table groaning with all sorts of food (to put any Greek taverna to shame). After a siesta he would head down to work around 3ish and close shop hmm about 7 or so?? A light meal for dinner then bed. It was wierd for a Canadian raised kid but makes sense in light of the lifestyle and climate.
              Last edited by joea; 17 Mar 09, 10:32.

Comment

Working...
              X