• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you eat or not?

So, I decided to show my face here in the mess hall

Sure smells good here...

What's (over) cooking?

Anyway, while you guys and girls are eating I was wondering:

Say you were invited to go and chow down at your new in-laws or at an important business relation...
    Although it smells good, you are sorely dissapointed when you see the dish that is presented to you. It's the food you hate the most in the world !!!

Now you sit in front of a dilemma:

Will you eat the served dish anyway and try to gulp it down just out of politeness?

Will you be honest and openly confess that you are nauseated at the dish presented to you?

Or will you find some kind of excuse for not eating it?

I wonder who here in the ACG mess hall are the disciplined, the honest or...the liars !!!

Greets,
    Stratego
    Yes, I'm polite...
    50.00%
    No, honesty is the best policy...
    27.27%
    No, I have an allergy that prohibits me to eat it...
    22.73%
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

None of the foods I truely dislike smell good to me and I can detect most from sufficient distance to avoid surprises.

However I learned in long ago you can eat anything chopped up small enough bits and washed down with enough cold beer.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

I hate a lot of foods, but I wouuld never tell that to someone that worked hard to cook a meal for me. I'd eat it with a smile and a 'thank you'.

Now days, though, we ask folks for allergens and dislikes so we can plan accordingly...
      Love. Where does it come from?
      from The Thin Red Line

Comment

I wouldn't eat it. There are very few things that I won't eat and my in-laws/family/friends know what they are. If I was served them it would be for a malicious reason, and I would have no problem telling them where to stck it .
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

By using fermented fish carefully, you will be able to isolated those who are true friends.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Unless it presents a health risk, I'd give it my best shot.

I ended up liking chicken long rice (with the chicken's foot), cow tongue, pig's feet, and sea urchin all for my in laws.

Now, I've been overseas and declined some absolutely filthy, nasty crap that probably had some bad bugs. I did it nicely and made something up, but I weaseled out gracefully.
            TTFN

Comment

Yeah, I take the weaseled out approach too, but probably not as gracefully .
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                None of the foods I truely dislike smell good to me and I can detect most from sufficient distance to avoid surprises.

However I learned in long ago you can eat anything chopped up small enough bits and washed down with enough cold beer.
                I'll eat just about anything...except bait (sushi). I'd probably even eat bait if it was an important business function involving our Japanese partners...If...and only if...There was an ample supply of cold Kirin Ichiban.

I answered "Yes" in the poll...But it's not out of politeness.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I'd be polite and eat a small serving of the meal.

Comment

If it's considered food, it's probably safe to eat if your host had prepared it for their own consumption as well. You don't have to like it but you have to eat it.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Although I would be tempted to answer with the polite option, I can't. When I think about Tripas (pig intestins) I can't even imagine me trying to eat it. No matter how small I chopped it.
                      I've made nice apologies befor, this days, I just speak my mind.
                      All warfare is based on deception.
                      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

I don't want to hurt their feelings and I don't want to eat it either. Soooo I would lie through my teeth and say I have an allergy
                        The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

I actually do have food allergies that prevent me from eating a lot of different foods. I have no problem declining on these grounds, but have gotten quite good at doing so without making a fuss or insulting the host!

That being stated, I don't miss many meals.
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

I will eat almost anything, even things that are out of date. However, on the rare instance that something disgusts me - there's no way Jose! I don't think its ever happened though!

Comment

If it was mussles I'd have to make some bs excuse about being allergic. I can't even imagine putting one of those salty boogery snots in my mouth never mind chewing

eeeeuuuuuchththt

I mean, just look at them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X