X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by joea View Post
    If that's true, then I hope the German beer I buy here in Geneva has not received this "treatment". At least I hope so, since we are not that far away after all. Then again some good local brews here.

I'm sure that you're safe, given your close proximity to Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    Al Capp lived in NH

These folks are from my hometown, right here on the NH seacoast. Believe it or not...

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied
    Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    Yup. If you put additives in your beer, you can't sell it in the Fatherland. If the beer is going to be exported, the sky's the limit.

If that's true, then I hope the German beer I buy here in Geneva has not received this "treatment". At least I hope so, since we are not that far away after all. Then again some good local brews here.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
    Greetings to the professional but it is strickly against the law to brew beer that doesn't comply with the Rheinheitsgabote. Unwriten 11 - 20 Commandments. What might be added post brewing is another subject.
    Yup. If you put additives in your beer, you can't sell it in the Fatherland. If the beer is going to be exported, the sky's the limit.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Say JohnB, how many children do you have? Harmless!
    Two sons and two daughters, plus an unspecified number of others that I'm not at liberty to discuss at the moment. Why do you ask? How many offspring sprang from your loins?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    If it was on draft and fresh from the keg, it would have a lot more foam in the glass. Much of the German exported beer that we get over here is not Rheinheitsgabote Quality Beer, as it has been tampered with chemicals to lengthen the shelf life. I got that information straight from a professional brewer.
    Greetings to the professional but it is strickly against the law to brew beer that doesn't comply with the Rheinheitsgabote. Unwriten 11 - 20 Commandments. What might be added post brewing is another subject.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Slug, if you're really interested in sipping some bock beer, you need only have to drive to your closest upscale liquor store that specializes in gourmet beers, wines and liquors. A six pack of German Salvator Dopplebock will run you about ten bucks, but you won't get past the second bottle, because you'll soon be chasing Dolly all around the house in search of a little mutual and harmless fun... At least, this has always been my reaction, although not with Dolly...
    Say JohnB, how many children do you have? Harmless!

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    It can't even hold a head of foam. Kitchen sink.

Bock

Double Bock

Dark Beers

SUCK

Never said I was PC
    If it was on draft and fresh from the keg, it would have a lot more foam in the glass. Much of the German exported beer that we get over here is not Rheinheitsgabote Quality Beer, as it has been tampered with chemicals to lengthen the shelf life. I got that information straight from a professional brewer.

Leave a comment:

• Slug
    replied
    A six pack of German Salvator Dopplebock will run you about ten bucks, but you won't get past the second bottle, because you'll soon be chasing Dolly all around the house in search of a little mutual and harmless fun...
    You mean playing Risk and barbecuing some pork ribs?
    johnbryan, you're great!
    Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied

Bock

Double Bock

Dark Beers

SUCK

Never said I was PC
    Yeah, but yer' also brain damaged too, so that doesn't count. Make mine a Salvator, a Samuel Adams Imperial or a Dominator.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Slug, if you're really interested in sipping some bock beer, you need only have to drive to your closest upscale liquor store that specializes in gourmet beers, wines and liquors. A six pack of German Salvator Dopplebock will run you about ten bucks, but you won't get past the second bottle, because you'll soon be chasing Dolly all around the house in search of a little mutual and harmless fun... At least, this has always been my reaction, although not with Dolly...
    Last edited by johnbryan; 08 Mar 09, 16:58.

Leave a comment:

• Slug
    replied
    I want so badly to be part of this thread!
    I love beer.
    I don't know bock's from Beck's.
    But I have had all of these brands over the decades, and love them all.
    Can they be honorary bock for now?
    I hope to to meet each of you one day for a beer sampler afternoon.
    These beers are great!
    Many happy memories.

LINK

Leave a comment:

• A7V
    replied
    anchor steam bock

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
    Make mine an Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock. Heaven in a bottle.

Bock

Double Bock

Dark Beers

SUCK

Never said I was PC

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
    I'll agree with Shiner Bock, but even Stroh's Bock back in the day wasn't bad.
    Stroh's was the first bock beer that I ever had and it was always creamy and delicious! I wish that I had the recipe, so that I could brew it myself whenever it struck my fancy.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Snowshoveler
    Attack against Saudi Arabia
    by Snowshoveler
    Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure was attacked by around 10 armed drones by Yemens Houthi rebels and has caused SA to lose half their oil production....
    Yesterday, 17:56
  • hobo9
    C-123B
    by hobo9
    Would anyone know the wheel and tire sizes (NLG & MLG) for the Fairchild C-123B Provider?
    Thank you,
    P.N....
    Yesterday, 17:22
  • Mountain Man
    Here Comes The Gas Gouge!
    by Mountain Man
    Drone strike on Saudi oil fields...the perfect excuse for another round of gas price hikes. And I'll bet all that "excess capacity" just magically...
    Yesterday, 16:30
Working...
X