It's bock beer time, people!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    If it was on draft and fresh from the keg, it would have a lot more foam in the glass. Much of the German exported beer that we get over here is not Rheinheitsgabote Quality Beer, as it has been tampered with chemicals to lengthen the shelf life. I got that information straight from a professional brewer.
    Greetings to the professional but it is strickly against the law to brew beer that doesn't comply with the Rheinheitsgabote. Unwriten 11 - 20 Commandments. What might be added post brewing is another subject.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
      Say JohnB, how many children do you have? Harmless!
      Two sons and two daughters, plus an unspecified number of others that I'm not at liberty to discuss at the moment. Why do you ask? How many offspring sprang from your loins?
      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
        Greetings to the professional but it is strickly against the law to brew beer that doesn't comply with the Rheinheitsgabote. Unwriten 11 - 20 Commandments. What might be added post brewing is another subject.
        Yup. If you put additives in your beer, you can't sell it in the Fatherland. If the beer is going to be exported, the sky's the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
          Yup. If you put additives in your beer, you can't sell it in the Fatherland. If the beer is going to be exported, the sky's the limit.

If that's true, then I hope the German beer I buy here in Geneva has not received this "treatment". At least I hope so, since we are not that far away after all. Then again some good local brews here.

Comment

Al Capp lived in NH

These folks are from my hometown, right here on the NH seacoast. Believe it or not...

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
              If that's true, then I hope the German beer I buy here in Geneva has not received this "treatment". At least I hope so, since we are not that far away after all. Then again some good local brews here.

I'm sure that you're safe, given your close proximity to Germany.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X