X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slug View Post
    All these fancy-pants beers.
    They sound pretty high on the hog.
    Why, I'll bet you guys change your socks every day too.
    I'll bet you a wham-o superball, that Otis never drank a bock.

No, but I'm sure that he drank after-shave and furniture polish.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I'll be picking up some Sam Adams Bock on the next run.

I still have some White Ale and Black Lager to finish. I also got some Irish Red for St. Paddy's day.

Actually that brings up a question, are red beers actually of Irish origin? Is this still common on the Old Sod?
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
        The Lenten times are upon us once again and it's time to drink that marvelous, mahogony colored, exremely high octane dark beer otherwise known as "Bock Beer." What are your favorites?

Samuel Adams Imperial Bock Beer rates right up there with the very best bock beers from Germany, but there are other beers of merit on this side of the Atlantic. Schell Dopplebock is another one of them.

What say you?..
        And this ladies and gents is why JB... will always remain, his razor wit and excellent research skills aside, remain my pard.

Man understands what's really gawdamn important around here.

Many of you can learn from this.

be well JB
        CV

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          I'll be picking up some Sam Adams Bock on the next run.

I still have some White Ale and Black Lager to finish. I also got some Irish Red for St. Paddy's day.

Actually that brings up a question, are red beers actually of Irish origin? Is this still common on the Old Sod?
          George Killian Lett was a defunct brewery in Ireland and they did in fact brew a red colored ale. Coors bought out the brewery name awhile back and now brew a tasty and drinkable red colored lager.

I'm not sure if there are any red lagers or ales currently being brewed on the "Old Sod." It wouldn't surprise me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
            And this ladies and gents is why JB... will always remain, his razor wit and excellent research skills aside, remain my pard.

Man understands what's really gawdamn important around here.

Many of you can learn from this.

be well JB
            CV
            Right back atcha', CV!!..

Comment

I'll agree with Shiner Bock, but even Stroh's Bock back in the day wasn't bad.
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                I'll agree with Shiner Bock, but even Stroh's Bock back in the day wasn't bad.
                Stroh's was the first bock beer that I ever had and it was always creamy and delicious! I wish that I had the recipe, so that I could brew it myself whenever it struck my fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
                  Make mine an Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock. Heaven in a bottle.

It can't even hold a head of foam. Kitchen sink.

Bock

Double Bock

Dark Beers

SUCK

Never said I was PC
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

anchor steam bock

Comment

I want so badly to be part of this thread!
                      I love beer.
                      I don't know bock's from Beck's.
                      But I have had all of these brands over the decades, and love them all.
                      Can they be honorary bock for now?
                      I hope to to meet each of you one day for a beer sampler afternoon.
                      These beers are great!
                      Many happy memories.

LINK

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Slug, if you're really interested in sipping some bock beer, you need only have to drive to your closest upscale liquor store that specializes in gourmet beers, wines and liquors. A six pack of German Salvator Dopplebock will run you about ten bucks, but you won't get past the second bottle, because you'll soon be chasing Dolly all around the house in search of a little mutual and harmless fun... At least, this has always been my reaction, although not with Dolly...
                        Last edited by johnbryan; 08 Mar 09, 17:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post

Bock

Double Bock

Dark Beers

SUCK

Never said I was PC
                          Yeah, but yer' also brain damaged too, so that doesn't count. Make mine a Salvator, a Samuel Adams Imperial or a Dominator.

Comment

A six pack of German Salvator Dopplebock will run you about ten bucks, but you won't get past the second bottle, because you'll soon be chasing Dolly all around the house in search of a little mutual and harmless fun...
                            You mean playing Risk and barbecuing some pork ribs?
                            johnbryan, you're great!
                            Thanks for the tip.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post

Bock

Double Bock

Dark Beers

SUCK

Never said I was PC
                              If it was on draft and fresh from the keg, it would have a lot more foam in the glass. Much of the German exported beer that we get over here is not Rheinheitsgabote Quality Beer, as it has been tampered with chemicals to lengthen the shelf life. I got that information straight from a professional brewer.

Comment

Slug, if you're really interested in sipping some bock beer, you need only have to drive to your closest upscale liquor store that specializes in gourmet beers, wines and liquors. A six pack of German Salvator Dopplebock will run you about ten bucks, but you won't get past the second bottle, because you'll soon be chasing Dolly all around the house in search of a little mutual and harmless fun... At least, this has always been my reaction, although not with Dolly...
                                Say JohnB, how many children do you have? Harmless!
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X