Tuna extender???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna extender???

I bought a deli sandwich yesterday, it was a tuna salad on wheat. Much to my surprise there was a strange texture to it. So after spitting it out I found sawdust in the mixture. I am outraged at this. I emailed the corporate office and I want to know just how the hell this happened. Never will I purchase a sandwich from this deli. Never again. I'm awaiting a response from them.

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Go git em...that's effin disgusting!!!

Comment

hmm

well besides reporting to the authorities, I think Boar's Head Ham has made a similar pledge to shut down bogus delis and butchers.

Here's a small link, hope it helps:
      http://www.boarshead.com/flimflam/

Though it is tuna, maybe they can point ya in the right direction.

Comment

Its a mainline supermarket. My concern is that if its a disgruntled employee, whats next... I'm not gonna let this stand. I want to know how this got into a sandwich. I'm gonna raise hell till this is answered. I've been telling everyone that I know about this. Boy are they get some bad press.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I wonder if you could file a complaint with the health department. That might get their attention faster than anything else. Sawdust is definitely not on the menu!

Comment

Are you sure it is sawdust? I worked in a Deli before and some complaints although well-intended are baseless. I have no doubt that your experience was unpleasant, but lousy food is not always contaminated food.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I know what sawdust is. I build Shaker furniture for fun. I'm a guy who has many hobbies. The species of wood is pine/fir. I picked it out and put it on a paper towel. I have no doubt about what it is. None what so ever. That's why I'm ticked off. And I will get to the bottom of this. I own a business next to this store and will raise hell to find out what happened. I will also tell my clients not to purchase from the deli till I find out how that entered the food stream.

I know I was being foolish by buying this type of sandwich. But I was in a rush, I had about 5 minutes before a meeting with some people that I couldn't miss. And I ran into the store and grabbed the thing and went to the register. Otherwise I would have gotten something better. After the meeting I took a bite and found this $hit. If they don't solve this I will divulge the name of this store.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                I know what sawdust is.
                Hello Bwaha.
                I'm sorry that happened to you.
                I've been thinking about this thread all day, and re-reading it.
                I eat so fast, I don't think I would have noticed it.
                Burritos, burgers etc.
                I mock people who check their food.
                Now they seem smart.
                People can put boogers in food.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

This as to be one of the worst food experiences I've ever knew about.
                  I too would turn hell loose if it had happened to me. I would also want to know how it happened, if there's more people responsable for it, they too should be held accountable to it.
                  All warfare is based on deception.
                  Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Thanks for the concern. I will let you know what I find out. I'm still rather irritated at this time.

Slug, A long time ago I managed a Taco Bell. The stories I could tell...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Thanks for the concern. I will let you know what I find out. I'm still rather irritated at this time.

Slug, A long time ago I managed a Taco Bell. The stories I could tell...
                      I wouldn't be surprised. My Wife came down with food poisoning three different times after eating at the same franchized, fast food place in three different locations. It's name is Taco Bell and she will never eat there ever again. I have heard from reputable sources that the hamburger they use is one USDA step above "dogfood."
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

mmmmm dogfood ...
                        All warfare is based on deception.
                        Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

I know what sawdust is. I build Shaker furniture for fun. I'm a guy who has many hobbies. The species of wood is pine/fir. I picked it out and put it on a paper towel. I have no doubt about what it is. None what so ever. That's why I'm ticked off. And I will get to the bottom of this. I own a business next to this store and will raise hell to find out what happened. I will also tell my clients not to purchase from the deli till I find out how that entered the food stream.

I know I was being foolish by buying this type of sandwich. But I was in a rush, I had about 5 minutes before a meeting with some people that I couldn't miss. And I ran into the store and grabbed the thing and went to the register. Otherwise I would have gotten something better. After the meeting I took a bite and found this $hit. If they don't solve this I will divulge the name of this store.
                          Really low quality tuna fish can sometimes have the same texture as sawdust...

Real sawdust or bad tuna...It's usually not a good idea to buy prepackaged tuna- , chicken- or egg-salad sandwiches.
                          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

They just lost my business!

Okay I gave them a chance to make it right. Not only do they refuse to respond to my emails, the manager hid from me. Now I didn't make trouble, raise my voice or anything else to make him avoid me. I just wanted to talk to him...

The new name of this place is Unsafeway. I will not spend one more cent there.

The problem with Taco Hell is that they treat the teenage workers like dirt, so they don't care. I've found if you respect your workers, they mostly will return it.
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Dude can you contact the health and food safety authorities? Maybe if you saved the sandwich or at least just lodged a complaint something could be done.

I avoid store bought tuna anyway, too much mayo which can hide...stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X