Our Valentines day dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Valentines day dinner

Picked up some nice steaks and scallops along with some fancy desserts at the fancy grocery store.

I also left my "mark" on the steaks

As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Nice job Dennis, looks extra-tasty .
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

well, at least the EATIN' was good!

...marinated 1.3 lb salmon filet in lime, olive oil, pepper, lemon zest, bay seasoning and a bit of flaked red pepper for about 4 hours. Grilled till flaky. Fresh asparagus with lemon butter, and a nice cobb salad. Washed down with a Hugel Bros. 2005 Gewurtztraminer and finished with espresso accompanied by Ghirardelli 72% cacao 6 oz chocolate bars.....MMMMM!

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I had the whole family visiting on Sunday, so I cooked Italian, breadded, boneless pork loin chops, Russian Potatoes, broiled pork sausage stuffed mushroom caps, fresh green beans with a three cheese medley and a tossed salad.
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
          I had the whole family visiting on Sunday, so I cooked Italian, breadded, boneless pork loin chops, Russian Potatoes, broiled pork sausage stuffed mushroom caps, fresh green beans with a three cheese medley and a tossed salad.

What do you stuff the mushroom caps with john? No sexual replies either by the way .

Comment

I don't like seafood...but I do eat clams.
            Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSoldier View Post
              I don't like seafood...but I do eat clams.

"Bearded one's?"..

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                What do you stuff the mushroom caps with john? No sexual replies either by the way .
                I take large button mushrooms, remove the stems and stuff them with a good quality breakfast pork sausage like "Bob Evans." Put them under the broiler with the sausage facing up and cook for several minutes until they are cooked through. The fat will drip out naturally through the bottom of the mushroom. I then add a little mozzerella, provolone, or whatever cheese that suits your fancy and then, sprinkle on some parmesean cheese on top of that before returning them under the broiler for a half minute to allow the cheese to melt.

Comment

I take large button mushrooms, remove the stems and stuff them with a good quality breakfast pork sausage like "Bob Evans." Put them under the broiler with the sausage facing up and cook for several minutes until they are cooked through. The fat will drip out naturally through the bottom of the mushroom. I then add a little mozzerella, provolone, or whatever cheese that suits your fancy and then, sprinkle on some parmesean cheese on top of that before returning them under the broiler for a half minute to allow the cheese to melt.
                  Yummmmm, I love them shrooms!

Comment

ME TOO!..:

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                      Picked up some nice steaks and scallops...
                      Scallops taste good.
                      I wish they grew on trees
                      The ones you have are huge.
                      Originally posted by jose50 View Post
                      Fresh asparagus with lemon butter...
                      That's all I needed to see.
                      Good.
                      ...broiled pork sausage stuffed mushroom caps, fresh green beans with a three cheese medley and a tossed salad...
                      A+
                      Mushroom caps.
                      I take large button mushrooms, remove the stems and stuff them with a good quality breakfast pork sausage like "Bob Evans."
                      Bob?
                      You mean our Bob?
                      So does Karri.
                      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                        Bob?
                        You mean our Bob?
                        Bob Evans is a mid western restaurant chain. Started I think as a country store that sold sausage then food. Bob Evans sausage amongst several other items are available in grocery stores in Ohio and surrounding states.

I suspect it is his real name. I think I asked him once if he was related

The sausage like John said is a good one.

Here is a pick of last years scallops next to a bottle of rub. This year I got 8 and they were 20 dollars at 16.99 a pound. Big scallops indeed.

As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                        Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Dennis, what did I tell you before about torturing me with pictures of your food? Keep it up, and I will have to go steal that Green Egg from your backyard.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

"Bearded one's?"..
                            Yes. I prefer the bearded ones.
                            Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

...nah! shave 'em...the beard gets stuck in yer teeth. By the way, one must always "de-beard" mussels before steaming lightly in a dry white wine with crushed garlic cloves.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X