Field rations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field rations

Share your experience and favorites! MRE's, IMP's, EPA's, RCIR's, etc.,.

Hmmm....

MRE's Favorites:

Ham slice
    Egg omelet
    Dehydrated strawberries mmmmmmm.....
    John Wayne bar

Hate:
    Dehydrated beef patty
    Hotdogs
    Peanut butter

T-rats:
    lasagna was pretty good
    chilli mac was good also
    Scrambled eggs were terrible unless you let them sit for a few hours in a Mermite can. Then they had a chance to solidify .
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

they was all good all the way back to C's especially when you were hungary.

b
      CV

Comment

Man, I loved that dehydrated Beef Patty. And I was sooo happy when chicken ala death was done away with.

T-Rat Spanish Omelet ruled.
        Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
          Man, I loved that dehydrated Beef Patty.
          It was just like sawdust and turned into soup when water was added to it.

Comment

What about that slice of ham? Is it dehydrated also?
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Different army - I liked menu 'A' which had the chicken curry in it. It was playing around with the different items in each menu that got me into cooking.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                What about that slice of ham? Is it dehydrated also?
                No, it's actually "kind of" real ham vacuum sealed in juice. I don't think any MRE is real food .

How about the long life milk? Any milk that can sit on a shelf for months without refrigeration can't be good. It was a wicked combination with hardboiled eggs...

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                  No, it's actually "kind of" real ham vacuum sealed in juice. I don't think any MRE is real food .

How about the long life milk? Any milk that can sit on a shelf for months without refrigeration can't be good. It was a wicked combination with hardboiled eggs...
                  Winter, 1990, Hohenfels Training Area. Just finished a huge battle and taking care of about 80 casualties at my jump aid station.

Sit back to eat my ice-cold breakfast. Chew and swallow a nice big bite of cold eggs, sausage, and bread. Tear open the "Long-Shelf Life" milk and and basically squeezed the entire thing down my throat (no straw).

It tok a second or so, but I realized I was swallowing lumps of rancid milk...more like chunks of buttermilk.

I vomited with such force that I hit my driver, who was sitting on an MES Trauma chest about six feet away.

To this day, I NEVER trust anything that claims a "long shelf-life"!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                    Winter, 1990, Hohenfels Training Area. Just finished a huge battle and taking care of about 80 casualties at my jump aid station.
                    Was there two winters later with a slug of a platoon sergeant. He almost didn't make it back to Fulda after that one. He had this habit of picking up chow, eating, and leaving the mermite cans open without telling anyone that chow was there. Food doesn't stay warm very long when it's 40 F outside. We had a corporal who played amateur football in a German/American league. He almost took out the PSG one night. I still wonder why we stopped him.

That PSG was the first in a long line of careerist NCO's that were a contributing factor in my getting out.

Comment

Ah yes.

MRE: Meal Rarely Edible

I especially liked the knead before eating instruction on the cheese or peanut butter packets. Like I would eat it if I didn't need it.
                      "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                      Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                        It was just like sawdust and turned into soup when water was added to it.
                        Only went that route once. I'd usually just bite a chunk off of it, and then a shot of water to aid the digestion. The deh. pork patty on the other hand was sickening. The dried catsup packet was something I never braved (somehow I couldn't fathom dehydrated catsup).
                        Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

I was in the Navy so...you know...we had hot chow. Now don't go gettin' mad, nobody made you join the Army or the Marines. My favorites were the hash browns, and the SOS. When the boat (that's ship to all you landlubbers and sillyvilians) was underway, the food was "restaurant-quality" great. In home-port, I don't know what the Mess crew was doin', but it wasn't meal-plannin' an' cookin.
                          Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

MRE Chicken Chow Mien{ AKA Dog Drool} looked like someone puked in the bag then sealed it.
                            MRE Peanut butter gave me the runs and the choclate cookie mad me impotent.
                            Other than that, the meal wasnt too bad.
                            If you can keep your head when all about is losing theirs, then maybe you dont understand the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
                              they was all good all the way back to C's especially when you were hungary.

b
                              CV
                              C-rats weren't so bad as long as you used a little immagination and some hot sauce. Peaches and poundcake were delicious. Beans and meatballs (babyturds) and beans and franks (babydicks) were edible, but I would advise you to stay away from ham and lima beans.
                              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X