Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cure-Alls

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Alabama Sling:

    Same as Bloody Mary below, but add Giant Prawns.

    Bloody Vlad (the Impaler):

    Same as Bloody Mary, but add whole spears of Aspargus.

    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Bloody Mary
    • 4 oz. Vodka (I prefer Absolut)
    • 8 oz. Low Sodium V-8 juice
    • Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce (to taste)
    • 4-5 drops Worcestershire Sauce
    • 1 tsp. dried horseradish (optional)
    • Dash or two of celery salt or garlic sea salt
    • to of a small lime
    • 2-3 hot pickled okra
    • 2-3 garlic or jalapeno stuffed olives.
    • Ice
    • 16 oz. frosted beer mug
    1. Add ice to bottom of mug
    2. Squeeze lime juice over ice
    3. Add vodka to ice
    4. Add Tabasco/Louisiana Hot Sauce
    5. Add Worcestershire Sauce
    6. Add V-8 juice
    7. Add dry ingredients
    8. Stir
    9. Add okra and olives

    One or two of these will cure anything. The V-8, okra and olives count as at least two servings of vegetables. Should only be consumed on weekends and holidays before noon.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

    Prayers.

    BoRG

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
      I think some one knows more about food than they are letting on! The 4 veg you mentioned are pretty interesting. The beets I've mentioned, but I'll let the readers look up the benefits of the rest for themselves .

      Raw, cruciferous vegetables, brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower and etc. are very good for the stomach and digestive system.
      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

      Comment


      • #18
        Chicken Soup seems to be a good cure-all. Anyone got a decent recipe, and can state why their version is best?
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

        Comment


        • #19
          Water and chicken.
          LOL!
          All warfare is based on deception.
          Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans


          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            Bloody Mary
            • 4 oz. Vodka (I prefer Absolut)
            • 8 oz. Low Sodium V-8 juice
            • Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce (to taste)
            • 4-5 drops Worcestershire Sauce
            • 1 tsp. dried horseradish (optional)
            • Dash or two of celery salt or garlic sea salt
            • to of a small lime
            • 2-3 hot pickled okra
            • 2-3 garlic or jalapeno stuffed olives.
            • Ice
            • 16 oz. frosted beer mug

            1. Add ice to bottom of mug
            2. Squeeze lime juice over ice
            3. Add vodka to ice
            4. Add Tabasco/Louisiana Hot Sauce
            5. Add Worcestershire Sauce
            6. Add V-8 juice
            7. Add dry ingredients
            8. Stir
            9. Add okra and olives


            One or two of these will cure anything. The V-8, okra and olives count as at least two servings of vegetables. Should only be consumed on weekends and holidays before noon.
            Doctor, it's too complicated....

            "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              Bloody Mary
              • 4 oz. Vodka (I prefer Absolut)
              • 8 oz. Low Sodium V-8 juice
              • Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce (to taste)
              • 4-5 drops Worcestershire Sauce
              • 1 tsp. dried horseradish (optional)
              • Dash or two of celery salt or garlic sea salt
              • to of a small lime
              • 2-3 hot pickled okra
              • 2-3 garlic or jalapeno stuffed olives.
              • Ice
              • 16 oz. frosted beer mug

              1. Add ice to bottom of mug
              2. Squeeze lime juice over ice
              3. Add vodka to ice
              4. Add Tabasco/Louisiana Hot Sauce
              5. Add Worcestershire Sauce
              6. Add V-8 juice
              7. Add dry ingredients
              8. Stir
              9. Add okra and olives
              Forgot to say - nice receipe. Olives I don't like, though my missus does. Never thought of Okra though.

              Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
              Doctor, it's too complicated....
              Easy hot non-alcholoic version of above.

              1 heaped tsp Marmite/Bovril/Vegemite/Yeast Extract.
              1 2" squidge of concentratedtomato puree from a tube.
              1 dash/large squidge favourite chilli sauce.
              per cup
              Add almost boiling water, mix and drink.
              Its like liquid spag bol .

              I like the Chilli and Garlic sauce from the company
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

              Comment


              • #22
                I can't believe no one has posted the only certified, laboratory tested hangover cure:

                Ingredients:
                3 Eggs
                4 rashers bacon
                2 sausages (more if they are those little kiddy sausages)
                2 slices white bread
                2 tomatoes
                3/4 tin baked beans
                2 Gauloises
                2 cups of tea (proper mugs, none of yer delicate china cups!)

                Fry the bacon and the sausages until cooked, and place in a warm oven.
                Use the remaining fat to fry the bread. Put fried bread in the oven.

                Add more fat to the pan. Fry the eggs and tomatoes. Finally, heat the beans in the fatty pan and serve all together.

                Don't look at it, just eat it.

                The first cup of tea and the first gauloise should be consumed during the cooking process. The second are dessert.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Baldric View Post
                  I can't believe no one has posted the only certified, laboratory tested hangover cure:

                  Ingredients:
                  3 Eggs
                  4 rashers bacon
                  2 sausages (more if they are those little kiddy sausages)
                  2 slices white bread
                  2 tomatoes
                  3/4 tin baked beans
                  2 Gauloises
                  2 cups of tea (proper mugs, none of yer delicate china cups!)

                  Fry the bacon and the sausages until cooked, and place in a warm oven.
                  Use the remaining fat to fry the bread. Put fried bread in the oven.

                  Add more fat to the pan. Fry the eggs and tomatoes. Finally, heat the beans in the fatty pan and serve all together.

                  Don't look at it, just eat it.

                  The first cup of tea and the first gauloise should be consumed during the cooking process. The second are dessert.
                  Because if you have a real hangover, there is no way you could face making this! Getting yourself down to cafe to buy one though is a whole different ball game. That way no dishes either .
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Cold Cure:

                    1 bottle of single malt scotch
                    1 bottle of apple cider

                    Toss both in freezer until ice cold
                    Pour Glass of Scotch
                    Add 1 teaspoon of cider and layer on surface of scotch
                    Drink

                    Hangover Cure

                    The Royal Flush

                    1 .Fill 6 Large flaggons with warm water

                    2. Drink down one after another as fast as you can
                    try and get all 6 six into you if you can before
                    you spew.

                    3. Pour a 1/4 Flaggon of tomato juice, add cooking
                    ginger and fill to top with beer, repeat 3 until cured.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bugreport View Post
                      Hangover Cure

                      The Royal Flush

                      1 .Fill 6 Large flaggons with warm water

                      2. Drink down one after another as fast as you can
                      try and get all 6 six into you if you can before
                      you spew.

                      3. Pour a 1/4 Flaggon of tomato juice, add cooking
                      ginger and fill to top with beer, repeat 3 until cured.

                      I think your avatar seems to show a better cure than this !
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                        Raw, cruciferous vegetables, brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower and etc. are very good for the stomach and digestive system.
                        , then I would really feel peeked john! What I usually need most

                        after these situations is a GIANT nap!
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X