I purchased my 1st slowcooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purchased my 1st slowcooker

Looking for ideas for simple slow cooker recipes...I don't like the ones with a lot of exotic spices (like some chili recipes) because it's a pain to locate them and also they are very expensive.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 24 Dec 08, 10:30.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

I purchased my 1st slowcooker

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    Looking for ideas for simple slow cooker recipes...I don't like the ones with a lot of exotic spices (like some chili recipes) because it's a pain to locate them and also they are very expensive.
    Hello Monster.
    Congratulations on he purchase of your first cooker.
    Uncle Slug is eager to share ideas with you.
    But...
    What type did you get?

Are you talking about a crock-pot?
    Dolley makes some good stuff in there.

• Make sure you get crock pot liners.
    Crock Pot Liners
    They are a heat resistant plastic bag you line your crock pot with. Then when you are done, you just throw it away and you don't have to wash your crock pot. It's the best invention since Teflon. Your grocery store should have them with that plastic wrap, sandwich bags and things like that.

Dolley makes stews, chili, soup, teriyake chicken, pulled pork, all sorts of stuff.
    She throws everything in before school in the morning and it cooks all day.
    When I get home it's boiling.
    Last edited by Slug; 25 Dec 08, 10:08.
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

slug, I have a classic Crock Pot with a heavy ceramic bowl. I looked inside the box and there was a little booklet in there with some good recipes. Thanks for recommending the liner bags; I will definitely get them.

I'm surprised how much pleasure I get from cooking, even if it's an easy recipe. I never considered myself a cooking guy but it's relaxing.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
        1 16 oz.jar of your favorite teriyaki sauce
        1/4 tsp. black pepper
        1 small can pineapple chunks in their own syrup (optional)
        1/4 onion chopped into chunks

Throw it in the pot and cook on low all day. Stir every 3-4 hours to break up chicken if you're around, otherwise don't worry about it, it falls apart anyway. Serve over steamed rice.

This tends to be sweet, so you can add veggies the last 45 minutes to offset the sweetness a bit.
        Love. Where does it come from?
        from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Christmas Diner

My wife did a turkey breast and stuffing in ours today.
          [That wasn't our original plan but it came out well and cut the work substantially]
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Crockpot Cherry Dump Cake

1 (21 oz) can cherry or blueberry pie filling
            1 package yellow cake mix
            8 tablespoons butter, cut up
            1/2 C. chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted if you have time

Rub the slow cooker generously with some of the butter. Place pie filling in the slow cooker. Mix dry cake mix and remaining butter until crumbly, sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Serve warm in bowls. Feeds 8, so you might want to halve the recipe or freeze some for later.
            Top with whipped cream or serve side by side with a scoop of very cold vanilla ice cream.
            Love. Where does it come from?
            from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
              get some pork steak ,chops or ribs.........cut in half for chops or if ribs too big cut also.one or two cans of cream of mushroom soup {depends on amount of chops your cooking}put a chop or two in pot.......spoon a layer of soup ,add spices as desired{garlic,seasoned salt,sliced onions}another layer of ribs or chops........continue until amount added you desire or full.cook on low for.........whatever at least 6 hours ........eat with rice or potatoes or alone........makes its own sauce .........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X