Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you having for breakfast today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cst784
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
    I'm currently reading "Surviving the Sword: Prisoners of the Japanese in the Far East 1942-45" and after reading what these guys survived on for 3 1/2 years it somehow makes my "healthy food" more palatable.
    I don't doubt that for a second Lance!

Leave a comment:

• Lance Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by cst784 View Post
    I had a bowl of raisin and almond granola mixed in with a little vanilla yogurt. I didn't think I'd particularly care for this but my wife insists that it was edible, filling and her favorite....healthy. I must admit, it wasn't half bad, a small bowl did fill me up. The healthy part...I'll just take her word for it.
    I'm currently reading "Surviving the Sword: Prisoners of the Japanese in the Far East 1942-45" and after reading what these guys survived on for 3 1/2 years it somehow makes my "healthy food" more palatable.

Leave a comment:

• cst784
    replied
    I had a bowl of raisin and almond granola mixed in with a little vanilla yogurt. I didn't think I'd particularly care for this but my wife insists that it was edible, filling and her favorite....healthy. I must admit, it wasn't half bad, a small bowl did fill me up. The healthy part...I'll just take her word for it.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by joea View Post
    Well even 30 and 40 (me ) -somethings should limit those indulgent breakfasts. Once in awhile is ok for msot of us and frankly, I do enjoy healthy breakfasts that include oatmeal, whole grain cereals, fresh in-season local fruit and low fat yogurt. Yumm.
    Yup, fruit and yogurt are the norm and one cup-o-joe to wash it down.
    Weekends are for pancakes, french toast, home fries and all the other good stuff.

My philosophy of eating is two fold:
    - Eat enough healthy food during the week so you can have steak on Saturday without remorse.
    - When dining out, eat the most expensive items first (as a precaution against fire, the outbreak of war, or just getting thrown out on general principle).

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied
    Well even 30 and 40 (me ) -somethings should limit those indulgent breakfasts. Once in awhile is ok for msot of us and frankly, I do enjoy healthy breakfasts that include oatmeal, whole grain cereals, fresh in-season local fruit and low fat yogurt. Yumm.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
    An artery clogging breakfast.........ah, the good ole days!

Now I must live vicariously through others, keep posting.
    An old bastard like me shouldn't be eating it either and I try not to indulge too often.

Leave a comment:

• Lance Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    I had fried, Polish Kieshka sausage, some hash brown potatoes, a couple fried eggs, sunny side up and three slices of dry, whole wheat toast, plus three cups of black coffee. I was ready to do battle after that!
    An artery clogging breakfast.........ah, the good ole days!

Now I must live vicariously through others, keep posting.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    I had fried, Polish Kieshka sausage, some hash brown potatoes, a couple fried eggs, sunny side up and three slices of dry, whole wheat toast, plus three cups of black coffee. I was ready to do battle after that!

Leave a comment:

• Cicero
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    Yup, I don't shave until after breakfast either.
    hahhahahhhahahaa
    ROTFLMAO

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    Left over salmon. Oh Heaven it's good. one of these days I'll post the recipe and pics. (not in a breakfast thread of course!)

There we go! That's me!
    Yup, I don't shave until after breakfast either.

Leave a comment:

• Cicero
    replied
    Left over salmon. Oh Heaven it's good. one of these days I'll post the recipe and pics. (not in a breakfast thread of course!)

There we go! That's me!

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Either Date & Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cake or Cheese & Tomato Pie. Depends on which one cools to eating temp first.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Originally posted by Tourniquet View Post
    Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. Fail.
    Who failed? The Captain, or you?

Leave a comment:

• Tourniquet
    replied
    Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. Fail.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Yogurt, fruit, orange juice, and coffee.

Since it is now time for a coffee break, a chunk (slice? portion? block?) of walnut praline brownie sounds like a good idea.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X