Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect Bacon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perfect Bacon.

    I found a new method, give it a whirl.

    Fry or bake it as usual then nuke it in the microwave wrapped in paper towels for 20- 30 seconds. Very interesting transformation...
    Credo quia absurdum.


    Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    I found a new method, give it a whirl.

    Fry or bake it as usual then nuke it in the microwave wrapped in paper towels for 20- 30 seconds. Very interesting transformation...
    Bacon is like sex...it's always good...the rest is outstanding!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I found a new method, give it a whirl.

      Fry or bake it as usual then nuke it in the microwave wrapped in paper towels for 20- 30 seconds. Very interesting transformation...
      You can make better bacon if you don't fry or bake it first just put on a paper towel on a plate and cover with a couple more towels and allow a minute per rasher
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MarkV View Post

        You can make better bacon if you don't fry or bake it first just put on a paper towel on a plate and cover with a couple more towels and allow a minute per rasher
        I assume you mean "nuking" in the microwave ...
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

          I assume you mean "nuking" in the microwave ...
          Yes
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

          Comment


          • #6
            Experimented last night. If you substitute tortilla wrap for the paper and allow a little extra cooking time in the microwave it makes a very nice form of bacon sauni. Again I didn't bake or fry first.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              Experimented last night. If you substitute tortilla wrap for the paper and allow a little extra cooking time in the microwave it makes a very nice form of bacon sauni. Again I didn't bake or fry first.
              So is that a literal substitute, one under and two over ?
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

                So is that a literal substitute, one under and two over ?
                I had mini tortilla wraps available so I put one under and one over three rashers but I guess wrapping the bacon in a normal sized one would work well.
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sandwich shops nuke bacon all the time. So do a lot of fast food places.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                  Prayers.

                  BoRG

                  http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X