Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your Ramen Noodles?

When I'm broke, I eat cheap noodles.

To make it better, I like to cut up some lunch meat to put into the "soup." Then I dip whatever bread I have in the broth.

Total cost: 15 cents for noodles, 65 cents for lunch meat, 35 cents for a bagel, and 50 cents for a soda.

Anyone else here poor and creative? What do you do to make cheap food taste good?
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Ramen Noodles

Cook, of course
    Swirl around in some melted butter, add the store bought chopped garlic and some cheese packet as from a Mac and noodle. Add some good salasa to top it off.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
      Ramen Noodles

Cook, of course
      Swirl around in some melted butter, add the store bought chopped garlic and some cheese packet as from a Mac and noodle. Add some good salasa to top it off.
      A friend of mine used to buy Mac and Cheese just for the powder packets and put the cheese powder on his ramen. He said he hated macaroni.

I can't figure it. I'd rather have the mac and cheese, maybe with some hamburger or sliced hot dogs....
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Toast Hawaii

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_Hawaii

Change the meat or cheese as desired. Just about any cheese well work and give you a totally different taste. Rap some asparagus with Swiss Cheese. Try different breads. Some cheap California bubbly, Andre, goes well with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
          A friend of mine used to buy Mac and Cheese just for the powder packets and put the cheese powder on his ramen. He said he hated macaroni.

I can't figure it. I'd rather have the mac and cheese, maybe with some hamburger or sliced hot dogs....
          You have some strange friends Cody I take the 5th.

Comment

Hot Dog w or wo bun
            canned chili
            American Cheese
            chopped onions (a lot)
            jalapeno

Comment

We have a product here called Mr Noodles. It's just ordinary noodles with a flavour packet.

I occasionally like to eat them as a gap filler snack, but also like them as an option instead of having rice as the bed to put pre sauced chicken on. I'm fond of General Tao Chicken.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Microwae goods....

So, with hot pockets, you get a little "cooking box" to crisp up the food.

I save them, and re-use them on things like corndogs and grilled cheese sandwiches. Things that usually get soggy in the microwave.

BoRG

Comment

I live off the stuff too again for the frugality factor and add hot dog chilli to make make a type of poor man's spaghetti.

Comment

Brown 1 lb ground beef,put in stew pot.Chop up 4-5 stalks of celery,and 1 onion.add to stew pot,add water[about 1/2 fullheat to boiling.Add 5 beef bullion cubes,cook till celery is soft.Add one can of corn,and one can of peas.When water reboils add 4 packs of beef ramon,cook till noodle are done.Stir in 4-5 raw eggs,stirring constantly while they cook.You now have [in my opinion]one of the finest soups there is.Its taken me awile to get the recipe right but i think you'll love this!
                    i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                      Anyone else here poor and creative? What do you do to make cheap food taste good?
                      Hello P.V. Mann!
                      I'm not actually poor, but the cuisine I prefer doesn't cost much.
                      Plus I get full.
                      • Top Ramen, two hot dogs cut up, extra water, tons of Tabasco Sauce.
                      • Can of Spam, two pieces of bread, Miracle Whip, Tabasco Sauce.
                      • Hamburger helpers. They're supposed to feed a family of four, but they just barely feed me.
                      • Chef Boyardee canned spaghetti, four pieces of bread, liquid margarine, Tabasco.
                      • there are countless more, but I'm tired.
                      "It just doesn't get any better than this."

Sex isn't everything.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I like these "Sapporo Ichiban" lo-mein ones that are packaged just like Ramens.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                          I like these "Sapporo Ichiban" lo-mein ones that are packaged just like Ramens.
                          I hate rich people showing off that Sapporo Ichiban.

The way I see it, if I can afford any of them fine foods ya'll mentioned, I wouldn't have to be eating this instant Ramen. What goes into my Ramen? Just Ramen.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

haha sapporo costs 79 cents per package....when it's not on sale.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X