No announcement yet.

Dunkin Donuts bagged coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHA! What's the reference exactly? I am rusty on my TNG trivia, I remember that Tasha Yar dies but, from a black puddle of some sort???

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
      HAHAHA! What's the reference exactly? I am rusty on my TNG trivia, I remember that Tasha Yar dies but, from a black puddle of some sort???
      Yeah, she got killed by a puddle that looks 100% like Starbucks coffee

Comment

There was a blind taste test done recently (I think it was part of a 60 Minutes or Dateline on coffee), and guess which coffee rated the best? The cheapest...Folgers. Guess which one rated the worst? Starbucks.

Just goes to show you how spending more on something acts like a sweetener to hide the crappiness of the taste!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
          There was a blind taste test done recently (I think it was part of a 60 Minutes or Dateline on coffee), and guess which coffee rated the best? The cheapest...Folgers. Guess which one rated the worst? Starbucks.

Just goes to show you how spending more on something acts like a sweetener to hide the crappiness of the taste!
          In reality, the best coffee is the freshest. That's what people overlook. Two weeks from roasting, then it's degraded no matter how high-end coffee it was. Just getting whole beans instead is only improving the situation if you are too dumb to store coffee coffectly. Which is without air, not even the air in a jar. A non-full jar has enough air to ruin the whole thing. You must have a close-fit airtight bag, and that you can put in a jar. Then it doesn't matter much whether you have whole beans or ground coffee in there.

This is why in practice run-of-the-mill coffees come out very well. The high sales throughput limits age.

I wouldn't agree that Folgers is drinkable, if they mean the regular stuff, though. Maybe there was some of the new better Folgers involved. DD coffee is certainly an example of a straight good coffee with good chance to get a new package.

Comment

Hey I like Folders a lot, the red medium roast - it's just good.

Comment

...gimme a regular...

I can't believe that we've become a nation of "coffee snobs". Oh for the good old days when coffee was "regular" or "black". I remember even Dunkin' Donuts coffee was that way. Now they're getting all snooty with "lattes" and "chai". What do you think would have happened to a guy who walked into a typical '50's diner and ordered a "half caf semi latte with a touch of cinnamon and minimal foam"? They'd probably run him out of town on a rail or send him back to P'Town. FYI DD coffee is blended by New England Coffee in Malden Massachsetts. (It ain't THAT special...get over yerselves!)

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

My DD coffee is always black. No additions at all. My theory on coffee is along these lines. If the good Lord meant anything else to be in coffee, He'd have put it there in the first place. Wouldn't classify myself as a snob as I will drink whatever coffee is available so long as its black. However, when I shop for my coffee to be made at home, I do prefer the blend from DD. PS I like to irk the "barista's" at Starbuck's by going in and ordering a large black coffee. They try to correct me to which I reply. That's what I said....large......black....coffee.
                Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
                  I can't believe that we've become a nation of "coffee snobs". Oh for the good old days when coffee was "regular" or "black". I remember even Dunkin' Donuts coffee was that way. Now they're getting all snooty with "lattes" and "chai". What do you think would have happened to a guy who walked into a typical '50's diner and ordered a "half caf semi latte with a touch of cinnamon and minimal foam"? They'd probably run him out of town on a rail or send him back to P'Town. FYI DD coffee is blended by New England Coffee in Malden Massachsetts. (It ain't THAT special...get over yerselves!)

Actually that is our point exactly.

The thing that we want is just a good plain coffee. Plain filtered coffee, just fresh, a suitable roast and a decent blend, and DD is giving it to us (most of the time...).

And that's miles better than either the burned Tasha killer company tries to sell us (for more money) or any attempt to smoothen up a previously ruined puddle errr coffee by getting fancy on the clerk acrobatics.

Comment

Well, like we say up heah in cow hampsha........AYUH!
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by cst784 View Post

PS I like to irk the "barista's" at Starbuck's by going in and ordering a large black coffee. They try to correct me to which I reply. That's what I said....large......black....coffee.
                      Oh yes. I know what you mean. I went in with a friend once who kept repeating "Put the coffee in a cup" when they started talking in their coffee language. I hate SB. They are so pretensious with their Pseudo Italian menu with words like Doppio and Venti, which the employees are forced to use and correct the customer when she doesn't. When they annoy me I will only speak in Italian to them so they can get a little in return

Comment

I like coffee drinks like mochas and lattes and cappucinos and ****, they don't have to replace a regular cup of coffee, it's just something else with coffee flavor that's different.

Comment

Real American coffee can be good, I as a Canuck must plug Tim Horton's java though, make sure to have it when I go home every time. Funny thing though is they've opened 3 Starbucks here in Geneva over the last 2-3 years. Most of the clients are tourists or "internationals" (ie. English speaking folks, UK, UK etc.) who work at the "eye of evil-UN" or various banks (a real evil), I pity them as the real Italian or French style coffee you can get here beats it all to sh**.

Comment

Yeah I've been to Tim Hortons, both in Ontario and Ohio!

Comment

Gimme a large black coffee with 2 and a half ounces of Canadian whiskey in it!
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X