Dunkin Donuts bagged coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkin Donuts bagged coffee

Is really good. But really strong. I just had a cup I made with two tablespoons instead of one-and-a-half and my head is throbbing and I'm jittery.

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
    Is really good. But really strong. I just had a cup I made with two tablespoons instead of one-and-a-half and my head is throbbing and I'm jittery.
    I usually feel like that without coffee.
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

That means you made it correctly!

Comment

I love Dunkins bagged coffee. It's all I've been drinikng at home for several months now.
        Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
        If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          I love Dunkins bagged coffee. It's all I've been drinikng at home for several months now.
          Yeap, that's all I'm going to be drinking for a while.

Comment

Never had Dunkin Donuts coffee or their donuts, but I had the head throbbing and jittery thingy from a cup of Peets's coffee. I drink a lot of coffee, sometimes ten tall cups of Starbucks' in over an eight hour work day, and never had that experience. It was very bad, the room was spinning, the floor was rolling, and my teeth were chattering. I induced vomiting and finally felt better after about an hour or two. Never going back there again.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I had a 20oz coffee from Dunn Brothers once, wich I foolishly followed up by a 20oz can of JOLT soda. Yeah, I am dumb. I felt so ****ed up, like I seriously took some kind of street drug. I almost thought about vomiting, but just had some food and relaxed and it went away.

Oh - the only time I was actually at a Dunkin Donuts establishment was one time in Pennsylvania, it was pretty good, but most donuts taste the same to me.
              Last edited by Emil_G; 16 Mar 08, 00:45.

Comment

I like good coffee.
                I like to grind it and keep several kinds around. Got various means of preparing it.
                I got a good deal one one of the Lapavoni manual lever espresso machines. Looks cool but it was a waste of money.

DD coffee is not bad. It is not weak or flavorless like most road varieties.

They sell it in a box that holds 10 cups of hot coffee here. Looks wierd.
                Mike

Comment

Yeah - I am a novice coffee buff. I don't do the grinder thing, or the French press thing, but I have an espresso kettle that I use sometimes.

Comment

OH Emil, do yourself a favor and buy a grinder, they are not very expensive and the taste of freshly ground coffee from a machine that is regularly cleaned and filtered water........pure heaven. If you like the Dunkin Donuts coffee as it is now...this makes it even better. And yes I keep a bag of DD beans in my fridge at all times and is part of my regular rotation.
                    Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Yeah, I know I should...

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                        Never had Dunkin Donuts coffee or their donuts,
                        Well, you can skip the Donuts. Krispy Kremes blows them away. I haven't had DD coffee in a while, but the last time I did I didn't think it was anything special. However, I do know some people who swear by it, just as we seem to have here.

Starbucks coffee is weak.

Borders used to sell good coffee. The Valos brand, but they have switched to Seatle's beast. Not as good.

I am more of a One Off, coffee shop coffee purchaser. I don't go to the chains for coffee.

But a grinder is a must, and so cheap and easy too. No excuses. You need to buy one.

Recently I started using an old school percolator to make coffee sometimes. It took a little getting used to how to work it, but the results are far better than drip.

But of course Nothing beats a true espresso machine. I have a small commercial unit. A French one and it is great. Far better than the cheezy home varieties you can get. They aren't cheap, but if you really like espresso or cappuccino it is the only way to get the true taste of cafe style coffee at home.

Comment

OK you guys talked me into it. Next time I'm at Target I'll pick one up!

Comment

I drink that stuff for a while now, interrupted by other coffees for variety purposes. The DD coffee is really good, it is almost identical to the coffee I used to drink in Germany. Very smooth, not the Starbucks "black puddle kills Tasha Yar" kind of coffee.

Be warned, however, that I had several bad packages so far. My wife just picked one up that tastes bad. We just used the rest of the old package of the same coffee and it tastes like it should, so they screwed something up.
                            Last edited by Redwolf; 16 Mar 08, 21:56.

Comment

"black puddle kills Tasha Yar" That is the best desription of Starbucks coffee I've ever heard of.
                              Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
                              If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X