Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Mind you she's not been so keen since she was chopping chillies without gloves not realising she had a teenyweeny cut on one finger. Poor woman felt like her whole hand was on fire all night.
    Reminds me when I was slicing chili peppers for some chili. Jalapeno!!
    We all know that we should wash our hand after we are done in the WC, right? I tell true, sometimes it pays to wash them beforeyou visit the toilet:

Leave a comment:

• Fodder76
    replied
    Now you see this is why I dont eat spicy-burn-all-the-way-through food anymore. It can (and will) be used to cover up the sort of horrors you see on Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares.

I like a kick which is just as well, my missus puts chillies in pretty much anything she can get away with. Mind you she's not been so keen since she was chopping chillies without gloves not realising she had a teenyweeny cut on one finger. Poor woman felt like her whole hand was on fire all night.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
    Big on Thai, Vietnamese, and Sri Lankan food. Evil Jungle Prince! I love Pho too with lots of Sriracha Sauce. In Louisiana, I tried this sauce called, "Bottled Hell."

But today, I had a buffalo chicken sandwich at the base food court and I got sick to my stomach. I still feel like I got run over so maybe it's mild food poisoning. At least the ground isn't spinning any more.
    Dang, hope you get to feeling better. Sounds like food poisoning or maybe
    even a flu bug... keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    I know that place over to Winnepesaukee..pretty good hots but nothing compares to the jerk sauce they put on chicken at any of the shacks on Boston Beach in Jamaica. Those scotchbonnet (habanero) peppers are among the hottest on earth!

Leave a comment:

• Whiterook
    replied
    You know....I can't decide what I like more: Hot Wings or burnin' Spare Ribs. My first reaction is hot wings; but I had spare ribs at Lake Winnepesaki in New Hampshire several years ago that were some of the hottest stuff I've ever eaten.

Leave a comment:

• Redwolf
    replied
    I used to love spicy food.

But I got a heavy food poisoning a few years back and since then my tummy gets upset about spicy food. I thought it's temporary but apparently not. Should have sued these #&(#(#.

Leave a comment:

• Whiterook
    replied
    And after Thermo Nuclear hot wings....Atomic Fireball candy for desert!

Leave a comment:

• kentek
    replied
    I thought Mexican food was hot until I went to Thailand. With a Thai wife, I had to develop a taste for pepper or starve. I can't take it quite as spicy as I used to (at either end), but I still love a make-you-sweat dish of pa nahng or curried beef. One dish I can't eat often enough is curried shrimp with pineapple and water chesnuts.

My wife grows several varieties in the summer and buys dried peppers the rest of the year to make her own sauce. Goes great on scrambled eggs.

Leave a comment:

• No_Nickname
    replied
    Doesn't bread help too?

Leave a comment:

• Tankboy
    replied
    Not sure if I'm a fan of Thai food, but I like that green curry they make at "Baan Thai" so I guess that counts.

Anyone else a fan of that Tabasco Brand "Chipotle Sauce"? That stuff is wonderful, especially on those burritos they have there. I think I used up half a bottle once...that burning sensation around the lips...awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Kendoka Girl
    replied
    Big on Thai, Vietnamese, and Sri Lankan food. Evil Jungle Prince! I love Pho too with lots of Sriracha Sauce. In Louisiana, I tried this sauce called, "Bottled Hell."

But today, I had a buffalo chicken sandwich at the base food court and I got sick to my stomach. I still feel like I got run over so maybe it's mild food poisoning. At least the ground isn't spinning any more.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    Originally posted by salinator View Post

Can you eat Jalapenos like grapes?

If you don't do any of the above, you are a wimp in the hot and spicy arena.
    I get a jar of pickled jalapenos once in a while. I love them.

Leave a comment:

• Emil_G
    replied
    Thai and jalopeno

Leave a comment:

• Whiterook
    replied
    It's not truly hot and spicy unless, after downing your fav food, your not sweating within 5 minutes or less, and you have to take breaks because your mouth feels like a family of hornets took up residence. That good eats!

My favorite wings are called Jet Fuel. My favorite chili is Buzzards Breath...true Nuclear devastation. And I had ribs at Lake Winnepesaki in New Hampshire (Red Bones?) where the wife and I ordered their hottest version...took us forever to eat them, but worth the work!

And thanks, Slug!

Leave a comment:

• jayedub7423
    replied
    Yes, I love spicy food!! At least on the way in, not so much on the way out.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X