Spicy Food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't bread help too?
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I thought Mexican food was hot until I went to Thailand. With a Thai wife, I had to develop a taste for pepper or starve. I can't take it quite as spicy as I used to (at either end), but I still love a make-you-sweat dish of pa nahng or curried beef. One dish I can't eat often enough is curried shrimp with pineapple and water chesnuts.

My wife grows several varieties in the summer and buys dried peppers the rest of the year to make her own sauce. Goes great on scrambled eggs.
      All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

And after Thermo Nuclear hot wings....Atomic Fireball candy for desert!
        http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

I used to love spicy food.

But I got a heavy food poisoning a few years back and since then my tummy gets upset about spicy food. I thought it's temporary but apparently not. Should have sued these #&(#(#.

Comment

You know....I can't decide what I like more: Hot Wings or burnin' Spare Ribs. My first reaction is hot wings; but I had spare ribs at Lake Winnepesaki in New Hampshire several years ago that were some of the hottest stuff I've ever eaten.
            http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

I know that place over to Winnepesaukee..pretty good hots but nothing compares to the jerk sauce they put on chicken at any of the shacks on Boston Beach in Jamaica. Those scotchbonnet (habanero) peppers are among the hottest on earth!
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
                Big on Thai, Vietnamese, and Sri Lankan food. Evil Jungle Prince! I love Pho too with lots of Sriracha Sauce. In Louisiana, I tried this sauce called, "Bottled Hell."

But today, I had a buffalo chicken sandwich at the base food court and I got sick to my stomach. I still feel like I got run over so maybe it's mild food poisoning. At least the ground isn't spinning any more.
                Dang, hope you get to feeling better. Sounds like food poisoning or maybe
                even a flu bug... keep us posted.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Now you see this is why I dont eat spicy-burn-all-the-way-through food anymore. It can (and will) be used to cover up the sort of horrors you see on Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares.

I like a kick which is just as well, my missus puts chillies in pretty much anything she can get away with. Mind you she's not been so keen since she was chopping chillies without gloves not realising she had a teenyweeny cut on one finger. Poor woman felt like her whole hand was on fire all night.

Comment

Mind you she's not been so keen since she was chopping chillies without gloves not realising she had a teenyweeny cut on one finger. Poor woman felt like her whole hand was on fire all night.
                    Reminds me when I was slicing chili peppers for some chili. Jalapeno!!
                    We all know that we should wash our hand after we are done in the WC, right? I tell true, sometimes it pays to wash them beforeyou visit the toilet:
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X