Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    Curry!!! Indian hot!!!
    I went to a curry house once and asked for it hot. I asked if they had some hot sauce I could add to it. The waiter said, "Oooh... you want it Indian hot my friend. I'll take this away and make you another." They got a customer for life with that.

Another favourite curry shop also has homemade cheesecake. But you need a couple hours to eat there. Besided the time to digest a curry, Kingfisher, and a slab of cheesecake, the owner is in no hurry. It's not uncommon for him to tell you that he's in back taking a nap so yell loud if you need anything. But we don't mind. When you say thank you he always says, "You deserve it." He has a T-shirt that says "You deserve it" on the front and "Wake up and smell the curry" on the back.

Alas my favourite Trinidadian curry shop is closed while the owner is on vacation. My cold could use the heat right now.
    hehehe reminds me of the HOT Thai curry I used to have over in Pattaya beach..... That stuff was HOT!
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Gimme the hot stuff!
      http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

I don't wish to be labeled "delicate" just because I have almost NO capacity to deal with spicy.

After all, who here can drink pure alum and have no visible effect from doing it?
        I actually totally freaked out a friends wife when I told her I hadn't encountered anything too sour to drink/eat. She thought I was going to regret the alum she offered. I casually took a swig of it, and then asked her was something supposed to happen?

I can drink real lime extract (the stuff you cook with) as easy as you can drink water. I can down a beer bottle sized portion of the stuff and still whistle.

I just can't cope with spicy.

When I eat wings, it's honey garlic all the way.
        And when I eat spicy type Doritos, the bag may well last me several days
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
          I miss Slug's old food threads,
          That's nice af you to say that waffle.
          Thank you.
          Homework tonight?
          so I'm gonna make one.
          I like that self-starting motivation in a teen.
          Who likes spicy food?
          The hotter the better.
          I like to feel the hair on my head.
          Sometimes I get dizzy, and my heart plapiplates. "My personal invented word."
          LIST YOUR FAVORITES NOW!!!
          • Original Tabasco
          • Cholulas
          • Most any hot sauce on a table will do. I like to try different ones.
          Originally posted by medivac View Post
          I am old and my stomach cannot take it.
          I'm olde too. But I'm too stupid to stop. My butt gets a pulse when I'm in the head at 3am praying to the supreme being to take away the pain.
          Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
          Agreed. ALthough, a 1/4 teaspoon of "Dave's Instant Insanity Sauce" will really perk up a two gallon pot of chili.
          I know about Dave's. It's in my hot sauce encyclopedia.
          I'm looking at a bottle of it right now.
          I won't open it.
          Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
          Gimme the hot stuff!
          You get rep asap.
          Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
          I don't wish to be labeled "delicate" just because I have almost NO capacity to deal with spicy.
          Like Staff Sergeant Barnes says in Platoon, "Take the Pain!'

I like hot sauce almost as much as barbecue sauce.
          To loosen me up on the way home in my car, with a nice order of chow from Taco Bell, I will on occasion, open up and consume the entire contents of a real hot packet of their hot sauce. My glasses fog up.
          "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Great moments in hot sauce history.

"should I put Tabasco on a pickled egg?"

"too much."

"way too much."

"hot"

"hotter"

"cool"

"cooler"

Comment

What I'd like to see, is someone match me in a test of will.

They can drink their bottle of hot sauce, and I will drink my real lime extract

And I mean doing it straight, not on anything or with anything.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                Agreed. ALthough, a 1/4 teaspoon of "Dave's Instant Insanity Sauce" will really perk up a two gallon pot of chili.
                A friend of mine got some of that in college. She (note the gender) put a few drops on a tortilla chip for me to try. Feeling somewhat macho, I (note the opposite gender) simply licked it off the chip as she stood there agape.

I saw red.

It was about 5 minutes before I could speak.

Never again.

I've learned that if you willingly consume something with any derivative of the word "insane" in the name, you get what you have coming to you... and may God have mercy on your soul.
                "I am not an atomic playboy."
                Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                  I've learned that if you willingly consume something with any derivative of the word "insane" in the name, you get what you have coming to you... and may God have mercy on your soul.
                  As they say mirrorshades, "truer words have never been spoken."
                  Your are so right.
                  I once rubbed my eye with jalapeño juice on my hand, and I thought I was going to die.

Here is an old picture I took of a bottle of Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce, and an Army Medic.
                  I'm not sure how many Saukville Units of heat it has, I have to look it up in my hot sauce encyclopedia, but people I have talked to say it's really hot.
                  I keep it around just in case someone tries to break in and steal my ACG mags, I can throw it in their face, and watch them sizzle like the wicked witch in, "The Wizard of Oz."

Last edited by Slug; 25 Jan 08, 07:56.

Comment

Lightweights!

Can you eat Jalapenos like grapes?

Can you use Serranos to pick your teeth?

Can you substitute Habaneros as Cherry Tomatoes in salad?

Can you use Tabasco sauce as eye drops?

Can you use Dave's Insanity Sauce as mouthwash?

If you don't do any of the above, you are a wimp in the hot and spicy arena.
                    Last edited by Salinator; 25 Jan 08, 17:45.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Yes, I love spicy food!! At least on the way in, not so much on the way out.

Comment

It's not truly hot and spicy unless, after downing your fav food, your not sweating within 5 minutes or less, and you have to take breaks because your mouth feels like a family of hornets took up residence. That good eats!

My favorite wings are called Jet Fuel. My favorite chili is Buzzards Breath...true Nuclear devastation. And I had ribs at Lake Winnepesaki in New Hampshire (Red Bones?) where the wife and I ordered their hottest version...took us forever to eat them, but worth the work!

And thanks, Slug!
                        http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

Thai and jalopeno

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post

Can you eat Jalapenos like grapes?

If you don't do any of the above, you are a wimp in the hot and spicy arena.
                            I get a jar of pickled jalapenos once in a while. I love them.

Comment

Big on Thai, Vietnamese, and Sri Lankan food. Evil Jungle Prince! I love Pho too with lots of Sriracha Sauce. In Louisiana, I tried this sauce called, "Bottled Hell."

But today, I had a buffalo chicken sandwich at the base food court and I got sick to my stomach. I still feel like I got run over so maybe it's mild food poisoning. At least the ground isn't spinning any more.
                              TTFN

Comment

Not sure if I'm a fan of Thai food, but I like that green curry they make at "Baan Thai" so I guess that counts.

Anyone else a fan of that Tabasco Brand "Chipotle Sauce"? That stuff is wonderful, especially on those burritos they have there. I think I used up half a bottle once...that burning sensation around the lips...awesome.
                                And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
                                Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
                                Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
                                Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X