Spicy Food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Food?

I miss Slug's old food threads, so I'm gonna make one. Who likes spicy food? Anything that will make my stomach act like a grenade was just tossed in it good to me. Like the Radioactive Frog...good hot sauce..

LIST YOUR FAVORITES NOW!!!
    Yes! Mo hotta, mo betta! I want to feel like I just swallowed lava!
    57.69%
    Good on everything, but still, not too spicy.
    30.77%
    Its alright, not too spicy and no on everything.
    7.69%
    No, hate the stuff. My stomache is too gentle for that stuff!
    3.85%
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

I am old and my stomach cannot take it.

Comment

You need an option between "make it like lava" and "not too spicy".

I like spicy stuff, but not to the point where the spice blots out the flavor of the food. That sauce they make that strives to be the hottest possible stuff known to mankind is just dumb.
      "I am not an atomic playboy."
      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post

I like spicy stuff, but not to the point where the spice blots out the flavor of the food. That sauce they make that strives to be the hottest possible stuff known to mankind is just dumb.
        Basically the Radioactive Frog
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post

Agreed. ALthough, a 1/4 teaspoon of "Dave's Instant Insanity Sauce" will really perk up a two gallon pot of chili. Capsaiscum (sp?) based sauces should bring out the flavor of foods, not eliminate them all together.
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I love spicy stuff but not to spicy
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Ahhhh hot......good! Mugsy's (A local pub that serves food too) has a Chicken wing combo, called "Mugsy's Thermo-nuclear wings and hot fries" If you order it in the bar, you HAVE to sigh a waiver...not told hold Mugsy's responsible for any Damage on your body! Me and my Bro Mikey used to order 24 packs and eat em at lunch during work......we both would sweat like pigs......but they were good!
              Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
              In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
              Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Curry!!! Indian hot!!!
                I went to a curry house once and asked for it hot. I asked if they had some hot sauce I could add to it. The waiter said, "Oooh... you want it Indian hot my friend. I'll take this away and make you another." They got a customer for life with that.

Another favourite curry shop also has homemade cheesecake. But you need a couple hours to eat there. Besided the time to digest a curry, Kingfisher, and a slab of cheesecake, the owner is in no hurry. It's not uncommon for him to tell you that he's in back taking a nap so yell loud if you need anything. But we don't mind. When you say thank you he always says, "You deserve it." He has a T-shirt that says "You deserve it" on the front and "Wake up and smell the curry" on the back.

Alas my favourite Trinidadian curry shop is closed while the owner is on vacation. My cold could use the heat right now.
                Last edited by Duncan; 24 Jan 08, 17:18.
                AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

I like a little spice, but when you drink water and it still burns is a but much!

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                    I like a little spice, but when you drink water and it still burns is a but much!
                    Yogurt or milk kills the burn. It actually destroys the capsaicin I think. You can also ask for extra coconut milk in the sauce.

I like it real hot. But not just to be hot. If it isn't flavourful there's no point.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                      Tip don't drink water to cool the burn it makes it worse!! Milk or milk products are good, bread or plain rice. Have a yogurt drink, like Lassi (Indian) or Ayran (Turkish). Really helps cool the burn better than water.

Comment

On or in some foods it can be a great thing. But on everything? I think not. I personally like it hot but not hot lava when I use it.
                        Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
                        If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                          Tip don't drink water to cool the burn it makes it worse!! Milk or milk products are good, bread or plain rice. Have a yogurt drink, like Lassi (Indian) or Ayran (Turkish). Really helps cool the burn better than water.
                          I have also heard scotch and tequila will cool the burn. Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

NP, by the way I love spicy food but only eat it with good friends...cause my whole head pours sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                              NP, by the way I love spicy food but only eat it with good friends...cause my whole head pours sweat.
                              I usually eat it alone. My nose runs like a faucet. ick...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X