Do You Drink Beer?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Drink Beer?????

I was bringing a client home tonight & we started talking about all the different countries that he goes to on business.

I told him it must be hard going to those place without being able to speak the language.

He told me that as long as you can say in any language.....

"Can I Have Another Beer?" & "Where is The Bathroom?"

Then everything is usually ok.

I then said something along the lines of I bet he drank some really nasty beers in those other countries, and he said that Beers around the world were better than they are in The United States.

I then asked him where the best beer was that he has ever drank & he said without even thinking about it........

GERMANY.

Ok, you guys go from here.

What is the Best Beer you have ever drank, where did it come from, where were you at the time & why was that Beer so much better than any other Beer you have ever drank?

I am not a big beer drinker. I am more of a Margarita and fruity mixed drink person I also now and then like to sip really high quality whiskey. So I am not the biggest beer drinker, but every now and then I like a good beer.

Now, having said that I will say I have done some traveling too. And it is true that most Europeans make better beer. Forget about Italian beer and stick with the wine though

Let's face it. The Germans taught everyone how to make beer. The American, Chinese, and Mexican beers are a direct result of German migration. Along with probably everyone else who makes beer.

You can drink German beer warm. Try that with an American beer.

Hands down. The Germans and the Belgians do beer the best
    Last edited by Miss Saigon; 25 Sep 07, 23:10.

Comment

Kann ich ein bier haben?

Wo ist der Herrentoilette?

Lo siento, pero you nessecito otro cerveza.

Perdone me, done esta el bano?
      "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Duke, we just had a thread like this last month? What are you doing now, rethreads?
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
        ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Are you allowed to drink beer, Duke? I'm concerned about your health, not just now, but long term.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Do You Drink Beer?????

Is the Pope German?
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
              Duke, we just had a thread like this last month? What are you doing now, rethreads?

Yeah I think your right, I do remember a thread like this.
              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                Are you allowed to drink beer, Duke? I'm concerned about your health, not just now, but long term.
                Actually, I don't drink alcohol of any kind as I am acutely allergic to it.

Drinking it will kill me.

I am sure knowing that, there are a few people here who would like to take me out drinking sometime.

Comment

Are you competing with someone to become the bane of my existence here in the ACG?

Geeze, I have a conversation with someone or I think of something or I see something amusing and I feel compelled to post it here, because I want to share it with people who I consider to be my frie......

Hmmmmm

You Mean This Thread?

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55702

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                    Are you competing with someone to become the bane of my existence here in the ACG?

Geeze, I have a conversation with someone or I think of something or I see something amusing and I feel compelled to post it here, because I want to share it with people who I consider to be my frie......

Hmmmmm
                    The point is Duke, we just had this thread like this.
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post

Hmmmmm

You Mean This Thread?

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55702
                      The only "bane to your existance here in the ACG" is yourself Duke.
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                        The only "bane to your existance here in the ACG" is yourself Duke.
                        Yes John, you're right.

And here it begins where another one of my topics goes way out into left field and doesn't stay on topic.

Well, those that be, should be along any minute now and slap me with a month's suspension.

Comment

The point is Duke, we just had this thread like this.
                          Yes we did and it was started by ME!!!! Who else?

On to other things.

Miss Saigon, the Germans started and brewed the beer that is most prevelant today which would be the lager/pilsner style. Most American beers are of this variety. However the first lager/pilsner brewed is really up to argument. The Czechs claim that they brewed the first one while the Germans also claim to be first. I think they both started it about the same time. Lager beers are bottom-fermented which means during the fermentation process, the yeast settles at the bottom. Yeast is what produces the alcohol. Lagers take about 6 to 8 weeks before they are ready for drinking. Now, the Germans really do make the best of this style but as far as it being the best beer in the world, the English and Irish would take serious issue with that statement. They concentrate on brewing ales which are top-fermented and take longer to mature into something you can drink. The best-known ale that everyone here has probably heard of would be Bass Ale. Very tasty and completely different from a lager type beer. The other type of ale that I know everyone has heard of is Guinness Stout. Stout is a darker and heavier type of ale that tastes nothing like Bass or any of the lager beers.

Hope that clears some things up and there are many more styles to chose from but most fall into two styles; ales and lagers. And then there are the Belgian ales. Really different and weird tastes there, but that's for another post. Maybe CaptainSennef, a forum member, would be better to ask about their brews as they are not really my mug of beer.

Anybody else with questions come to me. I have my beer antennae up and ready to recieve. talking about beer!!
                          Last edited by R. Evans; 26 Sep 07, 12:01.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William
                            And here it begins where another one of my topics goes way out into left field and doesn't stay on topic.

Well, those that be, should be along any minute now and slap me with a month's suspension.
                            Failure to remain on topic has nothing to do with it.

With that, we will move on!

ACG Staff
                            On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

More info on the different beer styles

Ales are top fermented and have many different subdivisons.

Ales:

Barleywine-a dark ale with alot of hop bitterness and high alcohol content

Bitter-highly hopped and bitter. Alcohol strength varies.

Blond/Golden Ale-a lighter ale.

Brown Ale-sweet, dark-colored ale with a normal alcohol content.

India Pale Ale-highly hopped and alot of alcohol. Made to withstand the long sea voyage to India.

Pale Ale-hoppy and bitter.

Porter-chocolate malt used to flavor the brew. Very dark in color. Alcohol content varies.

Scottish Ale-strong tasting and amber to dark brown in color. Alcohol varies and taste can sometimes be bitter. The Scots sometimes call this "wee heavy".

Strong Ale-just what the name implies. Hoppy and high alcohol content.

More to follow on stouts and lagers.
                              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X