Favorite Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Food

Well, why not? A beverage poll has to be accompanied by a food poll, right?

So, which particular eating experience do you get the most pleasure from, when you're in the mood for it and everything is just right? Is there one meal that satisfies you more than any other? Or one particular dish? Or do you most enjoy snacking or having dessert?
    Appetizers
    7.89%
    Salad
    2.63%
    Breakfast
    18.42%
    Lunch
    7.89%
    Supper
    42.11%
    Snacks
    7.89%
    Dessert
    13.16%
    Beverage
    0.00%
    --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

I have to say dessert -- which I'll bet will turn out to be a popular answer.

Other meals and dining experiences are OK, but there's nothing more satisfying to me than enjoying something like pie and ice cream or strawberry shortcake or a scone or good cookie with a cup of coffee.
    --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Tough choice. Summer Rolls, Cherries, Mangos, Quality Pizza (none of this delivery nonsense), and Hershey bars

Last edited by Miss Saigon; 23 Aug 07, 15:28.

Comment

The lebanese make the best food there is (and that's a frenchman telling you that ). Never ate antyhing better than the typical lebanese mezze.

Comment

A nice, big breakfast buffet! I'll fill up on that and won't eat again until the next day.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

My wife and I each enjoy fine meals at fine restaurants.

But our favorite fair is and always will be a Cony Island hot dog with onion sauce, eaten on the stroll along the boardwalk.

Ya just can't beat it.
            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
            ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

On the surface not an easy question. But I had to ask myself ...

Barbeque steak or chocolate bar? No contest, give me the steak.

While a chocolate bar can be a great snack, it lacks substance. The steak will have your taste buds cheering way more a lot longer if the steak is done right.

Cold glass of beer, or a good plate of a favourite dish. That's also easy, you have the beer WITH dinner. On it's own a beer is just a beer, you can enjoy the meal without it though.

And while I can think of many great desserts, I actually prefer the taste of a great meal more. You have dessert to relax after the meal, but the meal is the main event.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Steak and taters for me .
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Curry!!!

Comment

a nice juicy medium rare steak
                    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                      ...And while I can think of many great desserts, I actually prefer the taste of a great meal more. You have dessert to relax after the meal, but the meal is the main event.
                      Relax? The last thing I need after a meal is something to help me relax.

It's true that a meal has more variety and substance (especially that Lebanese meal in another post, above), but dessert is the special treat one looks forward to.

Oh, maybe I've never grown up. Maybe I'm still remembering my mother saying, "You don't get any dessert till you've cleaned your plate." It's true that I still think that way: eating the meal is almost a chore, just for the sake of nutrition -- but eating dessert is the reward.

These days, though, I rarely eat dessert after a meal. At a restaurant I'm too full after the meal and don't want to spend any more money. At home, I don't want to eat anything sugary so close to bedtime, or it'll keep me awake.

So, my idea of dessert is what some might think of as a snack: going out at ten o'clock break for a coffee and scone. Or sneaking in a special bite between lunch and supper, consisting of just pie or ice cream or a white chocolate bar. The kind of dessert that's a decadent mini-meal in itself.

As much as I may enjoy a fine meal, it's always partly a chore to me: I figure I need meat or eggs and vegetables and a bit of fruit, so I prepare and eat them three times a day. I do it because it's good for me, and I don't do anything fancy. And if I get peckish between meals, I'll snack on raw nuts and maybe a little dried fruit, which I figure is also good for me.

But coffee and cake are not good for me. They're my one remaining vice, since I've long since given up smoking and drinking and don't have much of a sex life. So, when I have a candy bar or cannoli or something, I feel like I'm sprouting devil's horns, smiling mischievously, and truly indulging. That's what I call gastronomical enjoyment.
                      --Patrick Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Carroll View Post
                        Relax? The last thing I need after a meal is something to help me relax.

It's true that a meal has more variety and substance (especially that Lebanese meal in another post, above), but dessert is the special treat one looks forward to.

Oh, maybe I've never grown up. Maybe I'm still remembering my mother saying, "You don't get any dessert till you've cleaned your plate." It's true that I still think that way: eating the meal is almost a chore, just for the sake of nutrition -- but eating dessert is the reward.

These days, though, I rarely eat dessert after a meal. At a restaurant I'm too full after the meal and don't want to spend any more money. At home, I don't want to eat anything sugary so close to bedtime, or it'll keep me awake.

So, my idea of dessert is what some might think of as a snack: going out at ten o'clock break for a coffee and scone. Or sneaking in a special bite between lunch and supper, consisting of just pie or ice cream or a white chocolate bar. The kind of dessert that's a decadent mini-meal in itself.

As much as I may enjoy a fine meal, it's always partly a chore to me: I figure I need meat or eggs and vegetables and a bit of fruit, so I prepare and eat them three times a day. I do it because it's good for me, and I don't do anything fancy. And if I get peckish between meals, I'll snack on raw nuts and maybe a little dried fruit, which I figure is also good for me.

But coffee and cake are not good for me. They're my one remaining vice, since I've long since given up smoking and drinking and don't have much of a sex life. So, when I have a candy bar or cannoli or something, I feel like I'm sprouting devil's horns, smiling mischievously, and truly indulging. That's what I call gastronomical enjoyment.
                        Put me in front of the multiple, buffet steam tables of a good "all you can eat", Chinese, Thai, or Vietnamese food restaurant and for me, that is as close to heaven as my senses will allow me to experience while still living upon this earthly plane. I really love the endless varieties of foods native to the Orient.

Whenever I give my order to the waiter in some traditional, sit-down, Oriental Food Restaurant, I always tell him to ask the cook not to prepare the usual, bland, watered-down "Americanized version" of the dish. Rather, I politely ask the cook that I would like him to "use his imagination and skills to prepare it as if he were serving it to his own family.

The dish always arrives at the table redoulent with multiple, mouth-watering, aroumas and reflecting numerous hints of marvelous, spiced flavors that most Westerners will never come close to experiencing.
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I can easily eat appetizers as a main meal. As for favorites I'll go with pizza, American style, followed closely by traditional Mexican food.
                          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                            Put me in front of the steam tables of a good Vietnamese food restaurant .
                            S U M M E R
                            R O L L S .......

Comment

On a recent trip to Atlanta. Louisiana hot wings from the cheesecake factory restaurant. Addictively spicy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X