X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlbetin
    I'm found of Leffe for sure, but I like the munich one : PAULANER

Did some of you drink English beer??

I like the Courage one, it is different from lagger beer.

Hoogarden is coming in France, never drink one.

snip....

Der WanderNostalgy
    English beer? Are you inasane Jean-Luc?
    "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
    which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
    The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
    returned to its home base."

Comment

English beer, well, it's not my cup of tea. However, playing Wolfe Tone inspired me to try a Murphy's Irish Stout. It was not bad at all, although the dry Pils are the best (like Jever or Bitburger). The Stout is also very economical, take two of those and you don't need supper.

edit: oh boy, no, not dry, hmm, HERB!?
      "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
      "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

I am not a big beer drinker...I have abused that stuff when I was a teenager and now it tends to give me heartburns, I don't know why

Like Curt says, beer is a party drink in North America. There is however more and more microbreweries who are specializing in dark, brown and other European-style beers, and it is indeed kind of trendy now.

When it is time for a good drink and a good conversation, I prefer spirits. Nothing like a good single-match Scotch with a Cuban cigar (Montecristos are fine). Talking of single-malt Scotch, I have been drinking some Glenmorangie and Macallan recently. I also indulge regularly in a good old Bourbon from Kentucky and some French Cognac. Once in a while, I will have some Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey with my father-in-law who likes it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzar
          I am not a big beer drinker...I have abused that stuff when I was a teenager and now it tends to give me heartburns, I don't know why

Like Curt says, beer is a party drink in North America. There is however more and more microbreweries who are specializing in dark, brown and other European-style beers, and it is indeed kind of trendy now.

When it is time for a good drink and a good conversation, I prefer spirits. Nothing like a good single-match Scotch with a Cuban cigar (Montecristos are fine). Talking of single-malt Scotch, I have been drinking some Glenmorangie and Macallan recently. I also indulge regularly in a good old Bourbon from Kentucky and some French Cognac. Once in a while, I will have some Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey with my father-in-law who likes it much.
          I've aproblem with my stomach and I can't stand no more strong alcohol beverage, so only beer and wine for me and on few quantities only

Der WanderRationed
          The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
          JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
          The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Viridomaros: I can't believe you missed out Duvel! The best Belgian beer out
            Now listening too;
            - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

i must tell you something, i never tasted this one , but i doubt it can be as good as the kriek , it is just the perfect beer for me
              i don't drink it with meal because i think it's not suited for this but i drink it when playing chess at the club with friends, this beer is just smooth enough that you don't loose your mind ( well may be if you drink up to 3) then the taste is good to help you think about what you are doing.
              may be i should try to drink some when playing taow, may be it will help me not loosing so many games
              i'm wondering why they don't sell this beer everywhere in the world
              looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

There was a document in TV about a LOSER, who had tasted about every beer in the world. He had made notes about them all.
                What makes him a loser was that he only tastes small amount of it and spits it away. The rest of the pint he leaves untouched!

Pervert...

Comment

Originally posted by Käki
                  There was a document in TV about a LOSER, who had tasted about every beer in the world. He had made notes about them all.
                  What makes him a loser was that he only tastes small amount of it and spits it away. The rest of the pint he leaves untouched!

Pervert...
                  I guess you were ironic by calling him a pervert , but actually that's the right way to taste. You spit it out and wash out your mouth with water between each tasting. It's the mouth that tastes, not the stomach . The same is applicable to wine and spirits.

If you got like 10 or 15 beers to taste in one sitting, it's obviously not a good idea to drink them all to taste them - well, it's a good idea, but then you'd rather be putting aside your pad of tasting notes, put on some good music, call sick at work for tomorrow , and start to party instead

Comment

If you aint had American beer you ain't had ****.

I like a good yeast beer or a good dark. I am not real fond of the pilsner styles. I have had the real stuff so ok.

Fosters may bee **** water but ist survives shipment. Guiness has to be tapped to enjoted. Lowenbrau, Heini, they have mainland and export which is Britian and elsewhere.

Booze, weel anything but Bacardi White I am all good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog
                      If you aint had American beer you ain't had ****.

I like a good yeast beer or a good dark. I am not real fond of the pilsner styles. I have had the real stuff so ok.

Fosters may bee **** water but ist survives shipment. Guiness has to be tapped to enjoted. Lowenbrau, Heini, they have mainland and export which is Britian and elsewhere.

Booze, weel anything but Bacardi White I am all good.
                      Did you go in Germany ?
                      Have you test their beers ?

If yes your conclusion Soldier !

Your WanderIntelligenceAnalyst
                      The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                      JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                      The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X