Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing back the international food thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing back the international food thread.

Tonight I'm making dhal. It's basically a curried stew of onions and lentils. Very yummy.
    What are you guys having?

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Originally posted by Duncan
    Tonight I'm making dhal. It's basically a curried stew of onions and lentils. Very yummy.

wish i was there, it is looking good already!

i'm having korean instant noodle, kim chee flavor. it sucks, but it's international.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I'm having Guinness. It isn't food, but it is international beer.
      "The legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace." General William T. Sherman , 20 July 1865

Comment

And what the heck. While I'm in the kitchen some mousse and wine for watching Farscape later. My wife got her notice at work a few weeks ago. We are just coming out of the 'stunned rabbit/what do we do now' phase and into the 'acceptance/change is opportunity' phase so this is 'therapeutic mousse.'

Comment

and for dessert...

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I cooked pork steaks on the smoker/grill, seasoned with black pepper, seasoning salt, paprika and garlic powder. I also made homemade Spanish rice with LOTS of chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, oregano, cilantro, chili powder, cumin powder, chopped onions, garlic and peppers. I also boiled up some fresh corn on the cob. Not a bad meal.
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan
              I cooked pork steaks on the smoker/grill
              Now were talking. I love blade steaks. The wife thinks regular chops or loin chops are the same. While I like the other two there is nothing quite like the flavor of blade steaks cooked nice and slow mopped at the end with some good sauce.

Dang I'm hungry now!

Oh the equipment is about as important.....what kinda cooker?
              As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
              Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

And what the heck. While I'm in the kitchen some mousse and wine for watching Farscape later. My wife got her notice at work a few weeks ago. We are just coming out of the 'stunned rabbit/what do we do now' phase and into the 'acceptance/change is opportunity' phase so this is 'therapeutic mousse.'

Duncan...One door closes another door opens ...it will work its self out pal
                mean while perfect your French cooking and let your "red" breath before drinking.

per ardua ad astra

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr
                  Now were talking. I love blade steaks. The wife thinks regular chops or loin chops are the same. While I like the other two there is nothing quite like the flavor of blade steaks cooked nice and slow mopped at the end with some good sauce.

Dang I'm hungry now!

I'm a vegetarian poser wannabe. Which means, I eat meat every few weeks. Usually a goat curry or a bit of chicken. I went to a friend's house to BBQ and watch the UFC Saturday. My golly. You don't know how good a steak tastes until it's your first one in a year. aaaahhhhhhh

Comment

Evil in a jar

How about a vegemite sandwich

"I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend."

Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrider6
                      How about a vegemite sandwich

hell no! that stuff is nasty. if i'm gonna eat oz food, i take some rissoles.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by pmririshman
                        I'm having Guinness. It isn't food, but it is international beer.
                        Isn't Guiness one of the major Irish food groups?
                        If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Originally posted by Slug

and for dessert...

Now thats a meal

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr

Dang I'm hungry now!

I use a combination charcoal smoker/grill. For me it's the best of both worlds. That way, I can slow cook the meat, leaving it still moist and juicy before putting it over the charcoal to let the flames kiss it a bit. Pass the barbecue sauce.
                            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I'm getting ready to kick off a stir fry for tonight. I hate cutting up all those vegetables, but I love the results!
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X