Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the ace
    replied
    Until I was 7, I thought toast was ready when it caught fire - that's the way my mother made it.

She continues the tradition by ensuring that anyone else who tries to make toast n her vicinity is unable to watch it by constantly setting tasks.

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Meh, while I don't eat burnt toast, we're all gonna die, its just a matter of time.

Do you really want to live to 100?
    I want to make it to Aug. 7th.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Meh, while I don't eat burnt toast, we're all gonna die, its just a matter of time.

Do you really want to live to 100?

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    Makes sense. Burning a steak on a barbecue is supposed to cause cancer as well.

Lesson is don't burn stuff.
    Unless you're Cajun.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied
    Makes sense. Burning a steak on a barbecue is supposed to cause cancer as well.

Lesson is don't burn stuff.

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    We are now being told that overcooking toast poses a cancer risk!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38680622

Back in the Napoleonic period the RN used to use burnt toast as a coffee substitute and the same happened in Germany in WW1 and WW2 - did they know no fear?
    Not sure I'd equate ignorance with fearlessness.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    I just go with the notion that EVERYTHING causes cancer eventually. If I think that the pleasure of eating a certain cancer-causing substance out
    weighs the risk I'm going for it!

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied
    Such bravery! Seriously though:
    Go for a golden yellow colour when toasting, frying, baking, or roasting starchy foods such as potatoes, bread and root vegetables
    I do prefer golden to burnt potatoes (but like brown toast), problem is the line between yellow and brown is pretty vague - just a few minutes too long in the oven and you will DIE!!!! This is getting tiresome.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    started a topic Risks people run

Risks people run

We are now being told that overcooking toast poses a cancer risk!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38680622

Back in the Napoleonic period the RN used to use burnt toast as a coffee substitute and the same happened in Germany in WW1 and WW2 - did they know no fear?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X