Chinese garlic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese garlic

Need some feedback on this demon's weapon called Chinese garlic.
    I was unable to eat a single clove of Chinese garlic. Very strong burning sensation.
    What is wrong with it?
    Is it really toxic as some claim?

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
    Need some feedback on this demon's weapon called Chinese garlic.
    I was unable to eat a single clove of Chinese garlic. Very strong burning sensation.
    What is wrong with it?
    Is it really toxic as some claim?
    Chances are that most of us that shop at supermarkets have been eating Chinese garlic as 80% of the garlic sold worldwide comes from China.

BEWARE of CHINESE GARLIC! You Are Most Likely Consuming Bleached and Chemical-Loaded Garlic from China Exported Worldwide. Here is How to Spot It!

http://www.justhealthylifestyle.com/...ow-to-spot-it/
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

My parents and I have always bought locally-produced garlic but I recently broke tradition and tried the Chinese variant.
      Eating Chinese garlic is like being hit by tear gas. And after a little while the taste buds go numb you can't even enjoy the taste anymore. Is it a different "species" of garlic or is it the way they grow it.... either way it's pretty horrible.

Comment

The EU imposes substantial tariffs on Garlic from China and there are other import controls on it (standards etc) as a result there is a substantial garlic smuggling bussiness and people in various countries have received quite substantial jail sentences for smuggling the stuff in bulk (by the ship load). Most EU garlic is grown in Spain, Chinese garlic is legal if it has paid the duty and passed the import standards but one should be careful. I believe that the sugars in the Chinese version are relatively low and are highest in Garlic grown in California (surprise surprise)
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          The EU imposes substantial tariffs on Garlic from China and there are other import controls on it (standards etc) as a result there is a substantial garlic smuggling bussiness and people in various countries have received quite substantial jail sentences for smuggling the stuff in bulk (by the ship load). Most EU garlic is grown in Spain, Chinese garlic is legal if it has paid the duty and passed the import standards but one should be careful. I believe that the sugars in the Chinese version are relatively low and are highest in Garlic grown in California (surprise surprise)
          I checked the label. Made in China, imported in the EU by Malvi Cervati (Italy), I bought it from a German supermarket chain here. Seems legit.
          But it still tastes bizarre. Told my parents, they laughed - "told you not to buy Chinese garlic, it's chemical crap, why didn't you listen to us, you never listen".

p.s. I also mixed a clove with a head of garlic in my earlier post.
          Romanian garlic is smaller than the Chinese and tastes better. I can eat a head of garlic at a meal. The Chinese one is impossible. I find that eating more than two cloves is absolute punishment.

Comment

Strange. Usually Chinese garlic isn't as hot as the European. Plus it gets moldy with time, while European garlick just dries out.

Comment

Have any of you been to the Gilroy Garlic Festival?

The food is fantastic.

http://gilroygarlicfestival.com/

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Sounds a bit like the Frog Festival in Rayne, Louisiana. They have a Fur and Wildlife Festival in Cameron, Louisiana as well.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Yeah but do they have garlic ice cream???

It's actually pretty good.

http://www.saveur.com/article/recipe...rlic-ice-cream

Nom...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

SOB...........it started with Sheetrock.......up through dog food..........now its Garlic?
                    Why don't we just declare war.... they are trying to kill us.........

Comment

you are not supposed to eat chinese garlic in chinese cooking. It is used to flavor dishes (eg. chopping it up in small pieces). The garlic is usually discarded.
                      Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                      Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                      Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                      Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X