Hic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hic

12,000 bottle of malt whisky stolen along with two glasses. I bet he doesn't even realise what he's got - probably drink it with some Pepsi in it,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-37417537
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

...now, if you're talking RUM...

Who values it at 12K pounds? What the article says is true I guess. It's the packaging that may be worth the bucks. The whiskey is only worth as much as someone would pay for it. I'd give ya $50.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Boss Lady says I can have that $1,000 bottle of scotch just as soon as we can open it in our house on Maui.
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        Who values it at 12K pounds? What the article says is true I guess. It's the packaging that may be worth the bucks. The whiskey is only worth as much as someone would pay for it. I'd give ya $50.
        Old and/or rare wines, brandies and whiskies have become investment vehicles ( I used to think that an investment vehicle was a van with a wardrobe in the back). How much is a rare stamp worth?
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X