Brown (HP) sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown (HP) sauce

Deciding to reduce refined sugar and salt intake I now make my own tomato sauce (ketchup) rather than buy the commercial muck which is stuffed with corn syrup, refined sugar and salt and by using bits from a number of recipes on the web plus my own experimentation have a very acceptable (to me at least) product. And doesn't cost much more than the shop bought stuff.

However there are some foods that to a British palette cry out for Brown sauce (HP, Daddies, Westminster etc). Does anyone have a recipe for a similar sugar free version?
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

You might be fooling yourself. Ketchup is loaded with sugars.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Why not just get a Mac?

Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        You might be fooling yourself. Ketchup is loaded with sugars.
        That's why he's making his own...
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          That's why he's making his own...
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            Deciding to reduce refined sugar and salt intake I now make my own tomato sauce (ketchup) rather than buy the commercial muck which is stuffed with corn syrup, refined sugar and salt and by using bits from a number of recipes on the web plus my own experimentation have a very acceptable (to me at least) product. And doesn't cost much more than the shop bought stuff.

However there are some foods that to a British palette cry out for Brown sauce (HP, Daddies, Westminster etc). Does anyone have a recipe for a similar sugar free version?
            Ah ! HP sauce on a hot bacon sandwich, food of the Gods !
            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

A-1 is naturally better.
              Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
              Hyperwar, Whats New
              World War II Resources
              The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X