Amazing SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing SPAM

Is SPAM lip glaze meant to be an attractant or a deterrent?

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

I'm old enough to remember rationing when tinned Spam was actually regarded as a treat (long before Monty P's Spam Spam Spam and Spam) and such horrors as Spam fritters existed, but never heard or seen of it as a lip glaze!
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I'm a fan of SPAM.

Like the flavor. Slice thin and cooked like bacon toss it on a good German Brotchen with other fixings and it isn't bad. Goes great with eggs in the morning as well.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        I'm old enough to remember rationing when tinned Spam was actually regarded as a treat (long before Monty P's Spam Spam Spam and Spam) and such horrors as Spam fritters existed, but never heard or seen of it as a lip glaze!
        It was a treat. My grandma used to treat it like precious gold. Only when all members of the family would be present for the meal shall that can be opened! All other times, we will just have to eat that canned mackerel packed in tomato sauce - Del Monte was usually the brand. If mackerel was not available, we had to resort to the lowest of low......canned salmon. I have no idea why the old folks thought of SPAM in such high regard.

My mom tends to cook way too much food, so she is constantly calling me to go pick up some of the excess food. She'll hand me several bags containing different cooked dishes in various tupperware and takeout containers...............and sneak in an unopened can of SPAM. (What the hell can I do with this?) Old folks seems to be emotionally attached to SPAM.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          It was a treat. My grandma used to treat it like precious gold. Only when all members of the family would be present for the meal shall that can be opened! All other times, we will just have to eat that canned mackerel packed in tomato sauce - Del Monte was usually the brand. If mackerel was not available, we had to resort to the lowest of low......canned salmon. I have no idea why the old folks thought of SPAM in such high regard.

My mom tends to cook way too much food, so she is constantly calling me to go pick up some of the excess food. She'll hand me several bags containing different cooked dishes in various tupperware and takeout containers...............and sneak in an unopened can of SPAM. (What the hell can I do with this?) Old folks seems to be emotionally attached to SPAM.
          Richard Hoggart mentions something about this in "The Uses of Literacy" published in the 60s. And also touched on (IIRC) in Anatomy of Britain at about the same time. In Wales at least it seems there was a deep mistrust amongst industrial working class families of "Butchers Meat" and tinned meat such as SPAM and Fray Bentos was regarded as more hygenic and safer. Possibly in the days before every household and fresh food shop had a fridge there may have been some cause for this.
          Last edited by MarkV; 16 Jun 16, 04:28.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X