Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Dinner.

What are you guys fixing?

Mine is BBQ'd Tri-tip, Rice and Beans. To be followed with a blackberry pie and ice cream.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

shoulda went to your house. Wife wanted to eat out.........Korean restaurant........not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      What are you guys fixing?

Mine is BBQ'd Tri-tip, Rice and Beans. To be followed with a blackberry pie and ice cream.

Olallieberry pie from Duarte's Tavern in Pescadero is the best pie I've ever had.

I hope your ice cream was from Marianne's. They make the best, any flavor.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Nah, it was all home-made.

Out of all of it the beans were the best dish.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

We had a home made "Ratatouille" with sheep chops cooked in the oven...
          Long live the USA.
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I looked for a similar baked bean recipe to mine and couldn't find one even remotely close. Most of them use canned beans and lack cilantro...

What, you can't soak the beans overnight??? Tsk tsk...

They also lack smoke flavoring and use way to much sugar. It's supposed to be savory not sweet...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              I looked for a similar baked bean recipe to mine and couldn't find one even remotely close. Most of them use canned beans and lack cilantro...

What, you can't soak the beans overnight??? Tsk tsk...

They also lack smoke flavoring and use way to much sugar. It's supposed to be savory not sweet...

What did you use with the beans, bacon or ham hocks?

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                What did you use with the beans, bacon or ham hocks?
                Salt pork.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

The Memorial Day BBQ I went to had a whole roasted pig, like this.

It was soooooo yummy, even a Muslim guy was eating some.

Comment

It was just me, so I went to the local brewery for a couple of beers and their smoked pork burrito.

Comment

I've got a tradition to uphold, a feast to honor those who gave their all so that we can celebrate our freedom. So I gather my buddies and raise a toast to all of them that gave their all.

Its a Veteran thing.
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                        Prawn heads
                        by Karri
                        How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                        Today, 11:40
                      • Jose50
                        Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                        by Jose50
                        Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                        Today, 08:41
                      • Von Richter
                        Sagittarius Rising...
                        by Von Richter
                        Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                        Today, 01:19
                      Working...
                      X