X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh ... Canada!

The link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...BBnb7Kz#page=1

12 Things Canada Has That The US Should

12 things Canadian Culinary hard to impossible to get in the USA.
    Go Canucks!

Poutine and Nanaimo Bars are two I know are 'replicated' in home kitchens and some commercial sites here in the lower 48 ... (Our kitchen at least.)
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

That's a good list.

Butter tarts and Coffee Crisp are excellent sugar injection vehicles. And I laugh every time I see a Kinder egg. Banning those feels like something Canada should do, not something I'd ever expect to see the US doing.

And Montreal style bagels...

Comment

There should be also be Montreal steak spice or do you guys get that there?

Comment

Diabetics just collapsed
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
          There should be also be Montreal steak spice or do you guys get that there?
          There' quite a variety of steak/meat spice and seasoning mixes on the store shelves here. Likely we have "it" under some other name.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
          Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

We certainly have varieties of most, possibly all of them over here usually under different names and in different packaging. Smarties were even invented here by Rowntree in York and I think the Coffee Crisp is just a Blue Ribband in disguise. However as far as I am concerned nothing will ever make a bagel palatable - string em on a piece of rope and use em for fenders.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X