Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a french inevitable one

Salut les gars !

Well, we will make a very easy because your skills in the kitchen are limited to rolling out of peanut butter on white bread ...

This is a must recipe of French cuisine, and in addition, it is rather well balanced in nutrients.

You cut an iceberg salad and dispose the pieces in a plate .You add the tomato slices.
    In a pan you brown the onion finely chopped and bacon cut into slices smoke chest.
    Not too much baking, it has to remain a bit crunchy.

You cut slices of goat buche .The one pictured can do the job be, and is manufactured in the US.

You do not have our chance, philistines band, to have access the best cheeses in the world, so I confine myself to that one.
    You put the slices on toast (bread slices 1 cm thick)

Let's go! Bake until cheese melts slightly.
    You combine all ingredients like in my photos that I took last night.

You Serve hot, with olive oil vinaigrette / Dijon mustard / balsamic / parsley

And of course you open a bottle of FRENCH wine, the best in the world.
    In all modesty.
    (done with the help of google translate , i think it is no better than my usual ones)
    Attached Files
    That rug really tied the room together

English to French translate I must...

Seb - Ask must I to you, what color of the wine, the salad with, must be?
    (sounds like Yoda...)
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      Seb - Ask must I to you, what color of the wine, the salad with, must be?
      (sounds like Yoda...)
      Ok José..

Red wine ,very strong ,rather a Burgubdy one.This one is sold in the US.

It is a french brand ,with a huge success in your country.
      Pinot noir is not a burgundy ,but is rather strong enough.

The letucce i used was an Iceberg one ,see the illustration.

I used this one cause it is rather easy for you to get this very sort of lettuce.
      I forgot to add that i used Cumin seeds with the bacon and the onions.

Comment

OK Seb - a nice strong vin ordinaire. As to lettuce, I prefer a nice Bibb or a Romaine. Cumin seeds around here are called coriander. I think they impart a slightly funky aroma and taste but, to each his own.
        So, is there a nom de Francaise for this salade of yours?
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Salade de chevre chaud

Acute isn't it. ??

I agree with you ,a Romaine lettuce is much more sexy ....

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
            Salut les gars !

Well, we will make a very easy because your skills in the kitchen are limited to rolling out of peanut butter on white bread ...

This is a must recipe of French cuisine, and in addition, it is rather well balanced in nutrients.

You cut an iceberg salad and dispose the pieces in a plate .You add the tomato slices.
            In a pan you brown the onion finely chopped and bacon cut into slices smoke chest.

You cut slices of goat buche .The one pictured can do the job be, and is manufactured in the US.

You do not have our chance, philistines band, to have access the best cheeses in the world, so I confine myself to that one.

In all modesty.
            (done with the help of google translate , i think it is no better than my usual ones)
            I tried Seb, I really tried but my dog doesn't like it.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Been around these parts a good while (well on the Welsh borders toasting cheese is not unusual) and there are some superb local cheeses and orchard reared bacon not to mention some world class vineyards (but I'd probably have a local dry cider lightly chilled) but getting half decent bread without having to go miles for it is the real problem
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Salut les gars !

In all modesty.
                You do know, Seb, do you not, that iceberg lettuce has ZERO nutritional value?
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Ok José..

Red wine ,very strong ,rather a Burgubdy one.This one is sold in the US.

It is a french brand ,with a huge success in your country.
                  Pinot noir is not a burgundy ,but is rather strong enough.

The letucce i used was an Iceberg one ,see the illustration.

I used this one cause it is rather easy for you to get this very sort of lettuce.
                  I forgot to add that i used Cumin seeds with the bacon and the onions.
                  Seb, midget iceberg lettuces as you pictured are not available in America. We have Brussel sprouts that are larger than that!
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

You know, Seb, with a pair of slices of bread added you could easily make the American classic BLT sandwich?
                    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
                      You know, Seb, with a pair of slices of bread added you could easily make the American classic BLT sandwich?
                      Classic BLT does not have caramelized onions or cheese or any sort, especially a cheese with a name that most Americans cannot pronounce.

You might as well have slathered on some Vegemite!
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Have a read of Terry Pratchett's The Last Continent where he has a fictional account of the invention of Vegemite
                        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Classic BLT does not have caramelized onions or cheese or any sort, especially a cheese with a name that most Americans cannot pronounce.
                          Just the kind of upgrade the BLT has needed to class it up a bit.
                          The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Most Australians, wisely, only have Vegemite on toast.

Comment

wtf is...'vegemite'?
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X