Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caesar Salad Dressing

Caesar Salad Dressing from Scratch Recipe:

Buy 3 pack of Romaine hearts cut off 2" from base discard, rinse leaves - cut 1" thick pieces - store in large zip lock bag in fridge.

In a medium bowl mix dressing...
    Add - 4 egg yolks - whisk to creamy 30 seconds.
    Add - 1/3 C EVO - whisk in gradually

Add - juice from fresh lemon, 4 dashes tobacco , 5 dashes Worchester , 2 cloves garlic chopped fine , 1 T Maille Dijon mustard w/ horse radish , 1/2 onion chopped fine , 2 splashes of white vinegar , 4 grinds black pepper , 1/4 cup parmesan cheese , 1/2 can flat anchovies chopped fine & 1 ounce Scotch Whiskey.

The dressing should coat the back of a spoon nicely if not thick enough add more Dijon Mustard w/ horse radish & Parmesan.
    If I find the chop too coarse I put the mix in a tumbler and hit it with the Bamix.
    The Caesar Dressing should stay in the fridge for a week.

The Chef's use to roll a cart out to the dinner table and prepare this in front of us @ local restaurants in Thunder Bay and @ the Qualicum Beach Boys College, Vancouver Island.

It's one of my favorites & quite addictive!

Cheers, Patrick

That's what I call a very exotic recipe
    Thanks for sharing with us , will keep it by my side for an evening.

2 questions. : What is 1/3 C EVO (1/3 can of a special oil ?)
    I read somewhere that the anchovies in the recipe are a legend...
    You have info's ?
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
      That's what I call a very exotic recipe
      Thanks for sharing with us , will keep it by my side for an evening.

2 questions. : What is 1/3 C EVO (1/3 can of a special oil ?)
      I read somewhere that the anchovies in the recipe are a legend...
      You have info's ?
      Sorry about that it's (Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 third cup).
      I don't know if the anchovies are a legend but my mom used to make crib notes as the Chef prepared the Caesar Salad Dressing before I was born.

Caesar him self may or may not have had all of these ingredients in his dressing it's possible the Mediterranean has always been a hot bed of recipes having so much available.

Regards, Patrick

Comment

Thanks for the infos.
        I have to confess with a pinch of real and deep shame : Until a couple of years ,i thought This dressing was invented at the Caesar's palace in Vegas
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by SmackUm View Post
          Sorry about that it's (Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 third cup).
          I don't know if the anchovies are a legend but my mom used to make crib notes as the Chef prepared the Caesar Salad Dressing before I was born.

Caesar him self may or may not have had all of these ingredients in his dressing it's possible the Mediterranean has always been a hot bed of recipes having so much available.

Regards, Patrick
          I doubt he had any Worcestershire Sauce or Scotch. In any case the Caesar in question was Caesar Cardini an Italian working in Mexico during the prohibition period and running restaurants and bars much patronised by Americans coming across the border for a decent drink..
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            I doubt he had any Worcestershire Sauce or Scotch. In any case the Caesar in question was Caesar Cardini an Italian working in Mexico during the prohibition period and running restaurants and bars much patronised by Americans coming across the border for a decent drink..
            I'd never heard that story before about the Italian Caesar Cardini in Mexico.
            I'd think that some version of Caesar Salad was made in Italy & France before maybe under a different name?

One of the main ingredients Maille Dijon Mustard it goes back quite a ways 1723 - 1747 popular with King Louis & Napoleon Bonaparte probably...
            http://www.maille.com
            http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/Dijon-Mustard/

Regards, Patrick
            Last edited by SmackUm; 14 Feb 16, 15:13.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X