Cornbread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornbread

I ate the most amazing cornbread yesterday. It was made with broccoli and cheddar cheese. Holy crap...it was yummy!

Here's the recipe I followed:

Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread

Ingredients:
    • 2 (8.5-ounce) boxes corn muffin mix*
    • 1/2 cup whole milk
    • 2 cloves minced garlic
    • 1 (8-ounce) container cottage cheese
    • 4 large eggs
    • 2 teaspoons salt
    • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Cheddar
    • 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine
    • 1 medium onion, chopped
    • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not drained

Instructions:
    • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 99 pan.

• Heat the butter in a skillet. Saute onions until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and broccoli and saute for 2 more minutes.

• In a medium bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, milk, cottage cheese, eggs, salt, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Add in onion and broccoli mixture and stir just to combine well.

• Pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle remaining cheddar over batter. Bake until golden, 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes, then serve.

*Recipe calls for 2 boxes of cornbread mix. I used 1 box original Jiffy cornbread mix + 1 box Jalapeno Blue Corn cornbread mix. There's a subtle heat mixing these 2 flavors together. You can use your preferred flavor cornbread mixture.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Come down South and see how real cornbread is made! My ex used to make Aunt Jemima right out of the box. My son-in-law would curl his lip and call it "cake". I can't find Aunt Jemima mix anymore. I like fresh cornbread and slightly stale cornbread. I remember my Great Uncle eating at GrandPaw's house and he went and got some buttermilk and crumbled his cornbread in it and ate it with a spoon.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      Come down South and see how real cornbread is made! My ex used to make Aunt Jemima right out of the box. My son-in-law would curl his lip and call it "cake". I can't find Aunt Jemima mix anymore. I like fresh cornbread and slightly stale cornbread. I remember my Great Uncle eating at GrandPaw's house and he went and got some buttermilk and crumbled his cornbread in it and ate it with a spoon.
      I always pictured you to be the Mrs Butterworth type.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Sorry Sal, but I gave up Syrup over ten years ago when I was told I have diabetes. I did not eat much before that either. My weakness now is Round Steak in gravy over Rice. I also love several cooked dry beans over Rice. I cook a good Blackeye Pea and Red Beans. One of these days I will give up Rice, but not soon!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt

I love a bowl hearty chili over cornbread. I put the cornbread in a bowl and pour the chili over it. YUM!
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X