Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee, how do YOU make it.

Do you make it strong or weak?

My sister and sister-in-law made coffee that was all but tasteless.

On a visit to my brothers I was making morning coffee, a full pot, and when I reached eleven scoops I ask the sister-in-law how much she normal used. Four was the answer. Ooops, time to redo this load of coffee. Here at home four scoops is just four two cups, and it taste like coffee.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Pour ground coffee into a mug - about 1/3" high amount. Add hot water and wait for 4 minutes. The figures are approximate. Rough and simple. Everybody I treated to such coffee said it tasted good.
    "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

How do you keep the grounds from floating to the top when you drink it?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I like 8 scoops of the chickory coffee, with no cream or sugar to ruin the taste! Maybe I'll have to try an extra scoop or two next time and see if it does anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
          Pour ground coffee into a mug - about 1/3" high amount. Add hot water and wait for 4 minutes. The figures are approximate. Rough and simple. Everybody I treated to such coffee said it tasted good.
          How large is the mug?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            How do you keep the grounds from floating to the top when you drink it?
            By moving slowly and gently. Cowboy coffee, made the same way, uses a raw egg to collect and hold the grounds at the bottom of the pot.

I make mine medium strength. A lifetime of military, correctional and other institutional coffee gave me an ulcer.

I drink more tea than I do coffee, and I refuse to drink the industrial acid bath that Starbucks sells.

Comment

We use a ...

... bought the last one used on e-bay, identical to the photo, got one for the in-laws as well; my wife was raised on perked coffee. I'm a fan of our Tim Hortons Dark Roast, unfortunately my wife is like your sisters, she normally likes dishwater-coffee. I can meet her halfway - 2 big scoops, well percolated, ulcer safe.

Happy New Year John!

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Do you make it strong or weak?

My sister and sister-in-law made coffee that was all but tasteless.

On a visit to my brothers I was making morning coffee, a full pot, and when I reached eleven scoops I ask the sister-in-law how much she normal used. Four was the answer. Ooops, time to redo this load of coffee. Here at home four scoops is just four two cups, and it taste like coffee.
              "I am Groot"
              - Groot

Comment

It's been a long time since I had any honest percolated coffee. I liked it. Pax uses a Keurig, which is Ok but somehow not quite the same.

Comment

I'm not a coffee drinker, I prefer tea.

But if I were to drink coffee, I drink the Vietnamese drip coffee with condensed milk. The coffee is the same brand as the one Biscuit drinks.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

We use ...

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    It's been a long time since I had any honest percolated coffee. I liked it. Pax uses a Keurig, which is Ok but somehow not quite the same.
                    ... plain old Maxwell House regular ground in it. We received a Tassimo as a gift 2-3 Christmas' ago, my ulcers didn't much care for it.
                    "I am Groot"
                    - Groot

Comment

How big is your scoop? I use two per cup at my baby girl's, but only 3 scoops per pot at home with a much larger scoop. 5-6 at hunting camp with a scoop in between the first two in size.

Regards,
                      Dennis
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        By moving slowly and gently. Cowboy coffee, made the same way, uses a raw egg to collect and hold the grounds at the bottom of the pot.

I make mine medium strength. A lifetime of military, correctional and other institutional coffee gave me an ulcer.

I drink more tea than I do coffee, and I refuse to drink the industrial acid bath that Starbucks sells.
                        Starbucks is more milk than coffee. Not a fan, but I prefer it to the automatic coffee machines that most companies offer their employees, that stuff is truly battery acid.

The raw egg sounds like a myth though. I do coffee with/in(?) a pot sometimes, and the only thing you need to do is let the coffee sit for a bit. My mother and grandmother didn't need any other tricks either and they probably have a full century of combined experience when it comes to making coffee.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Finally succumbed and bought one of these things.
                          As for preference: strong and black. No sugar.

Comment

A Cafetiere.... One of those plunger things. Four heaped scoops, aprox 2 table spoons a scoop. The damn things supposed to do six cups. I get three mugs out of it. If the grounds are decent then I take ot black with no sugar. If they aren't then I fire milk and sugar at it like there's no tomorrow.

Thats how I start the day. Come lunch time I've taken to drinking tea again.
                            "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

As " black as the Earl of Hell's riding boots" except when sometimes after a good lunch - with a generous shot of dark rum and some cream.
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X