Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My missus wants a veggie meal tonight! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My missus wants a veggie meal tonight! Help!

I'm looking for inspiration for a veggie meal that requires a bit of effort, ie not jacket potato and beans.

She's suggested a veggie curry or chili, but I always make those, usually 2 or more times a week.

I'm stuck for ideas. I have looked on line but nothing has yet grabbed my fancy?
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Have you ever tried quinoa? I made some the other day (well to go with a veal roast ) but added lots of chopped veggies, including diced pumpkin, carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Threw in some spices I had in the cupboard (random stuff, I think this was a middle eastern mix but feel free to add what you like). You could throw in some lentils - red cook pretty quickly - to boost the protein content.

Comment

So you decided to look for inspiration on a military history board ?

Idk - protect your flanks, keep a reserve - do not get involved in land war in Asia.

Just to say hi
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

many spaghetti and pizza dish are meat less. Lentils with a tom sauce over noodles or rice
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Veggie or vegan? If veggie but not vegan there are lots of variations involving various pastas and cheese sauces. I usually find that a bit of English mustard in a cheese sauces ingredients adds a useful kick as does a splash of proper worcester sauce.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

My wife likes grilled veggies. Cut up the veggies add a little wine and some olive oil and spices you know she likes and grill them to blacken tips.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/16793/main-dish/quiche/

I cook up them and freeze the leftovers. Gr8 for a snack.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                http://allrecipes.com/recipes/16793/main-dish/quiche/

I cook up them and freeze the leftovers. Gr8 for a snack.
                Most are not vegetarian
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  Most are not vegetarian
                  Yeah but neither am I. You could just leave out the meat...

Eggs, cheese, and veggies in a pie crust. Doesn't get much easier than that.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I would look through some of the middle eastern recipes, maybe some other Tex/Mex stuff as well. With the variety of beans in these areas, thrown in with veggies, the meal can get some protein that the meat usually brings.
                    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Mushrooms can be right 'hearty' if added to something.

or

Cook you up some meat... and buy her a salad .
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I tried cooking a all-vegan meal once, but it seems they don't have much meat on their bones.
                        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                        Hyperwar, Whats New
                        World War II Resources
                        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          I'm looking for inspiration for a veggie meal that requires a bit of effort, ie not jacket potato and beans.

She's suggested a veggie curry or chili, but I always make those, usually 2 or more times a week.

I'm stuck for ideas. I have looked on line but nothing has yet grabbed my fancy?
                          Veggie burritos.

Very spicy, very tasty, just leave out the meat. Pax makes wicked green chile burritos, but you can't have those because the aren't "veggie", and I wouldn't eat them if they were. What's the use of being on top of the food chain if you;re going to wimp out?

Or just make a pizza without any meat, because that's how pizzas were made until they came to America and we added the meat. They used to be just sauce and cheeses. So no meat, but pile on your favorite veggies., or things like pineapple, onions and olives. The organic pocket pizzas sold by one company use cauliflower and squash for the filling.

Or use fake meat, like tofurkey.

But remember, if you don't eat meat, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR GLOBAL WARMING!

Do your part to remove methane producing food animals TODAY!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Does tofu meatloaf sound yummy to you? If so, give it a try.

Here's a recipe I found online just now.

Ingredients:

1 (14 ounce) package tofu
                            1⁄3 cup ketchup
                            1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
                            2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
                            1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
                            1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
                            1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
                            1 medium onion, chopped
                            1 cup dry whole grain breadcrumbs or 1 cup corn flakes

Directions:

Drain tofu and mash.
                            Combine all ingredients and mix well.
                            Place in a loaf pan coated with oil.
                            Bake at 350F for one hour.
                            Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
                            Garnish with ketchup, BBQ sauce, and/or chopped parsley.
                            When cold, can be sliced for sandwiches.
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Uhhhhh... no.
                              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X