Prime Rib Dry Rub.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Rib Dry Rub.

Right, got some company coming and I bought some Prime Rib and am gonna BBQ it.

BBQ I've got down, but I'd entertain some suggestions on what type of rub to put on it.

So any suggestions? The meal will roll out with a fresh garden salad and fresh baked rolls, followed by the main course of PR and baked potatoes and fresh green beans, (From the garden.)

So I'm looking for something new, gotta suggestion?
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Roast

Comment

Yes that's part of the essential bit of the dry rub, add cayenne, cracked peppercorn, garlic, ect.. That's just basic. I was looking for something a bit more esoteric...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Trader Joe's has a BBQ rub&Seasoning that focuses on Coffee and Garlic which we've found interesting and helpful.

My basic "Dave's Basic 5 Spice" uses powdered/ground portions of 4 part onion, 4 part garlic, 3 part ginger, 3 part turmeric, 3 part paprika (this is the real variable, I lean towards Hungarian paprika, but others might prefer some other, or not even notice ... ).

Dress one side, flip over and dress the other before letting sit. Use residue juices and grains with drippings from cooked meat for a sauce/gravy later.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

It's best to use a dry-aged prime rib roast. If you know how to dry age your meat, DO IT!
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Say P Safeway has it on sale for 8 bucks a pound...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Do not try the pseudo dry-aging at home (that is, leaving pieces of meat loosely covered in your fridge for a few days or up to a week). I've tried this method and I can confirm that the method absolutely does not work.

True dry-aging at home is possible, but it requires the right cut of meat and the right aging environment. Given the proper technique, it is possible to do at home.

Here's a link to instructions:
              http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/03/t...f-at-home.html

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Yes that's part of the essential bit of the dry rub, add cayenne, cracked peppercorn, garlic, ect.. That's just basic. I was looking for something a bit more esoteric...

I personally do not like putting too much seasoning on my prime rib.

I do the salt crust too. I like to put a layer of bacon under the salt crust.

Comment

Of course you can dry rub or do whatever; my pennyworth is a Greek yoghurt (Turkish Labneh) marinade that has been blitzed with herbs of choice with garlic, salt, pepper and a dash of pineapple juice and Worcershire Sauce, a dash of oyster sauce if at hand - not too much). They will cook up a treat... note the voice of experience here.
                  Per Ardua ad Astra

Comment

The acid of the yoghurt and pieapple tenderizes the meat, but does not make it sweet. At the end of the day you want to compliment the meat, not disguise it. I'm guessing you want the meat succulent, not dry toast.
                    Per Ardua ad Astra

Comment

Right, got some company coming and I bought some Prime Rib and am gonna BBQ it.

BBQ I've got down, but I'd entertain some suggestions on what type of rub to put on it.

So any suggestions? The meal will roll out with a fresh garden salad and fresh baked rolls, followed by the main course of PR and baked potatoes and fresh green beans, (From the garden.)

So I'm looking for something new, gotta suggestion?
                      Well I am waiting on my invitation

Sounds good

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Sorry. Due to security concerns its a invite only situation. I wish it was otherwise. But...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Sorry. Due to security concerns its a invite only situation. I wish it was otherwise. But...
                          Rightfully so. Meat rubbing with the wrong person can easily breech safety protocols and even possibly undermine projected longevity.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                            Rightfully so. Meat rubbing with the wrong person can easily breech safety protocols and even possibly undermine projected longevity.
                            Meat rubbing is still banned in Utah.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X