My ribs are coming out tough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ribs are coming out tough!!

In the past I'd season them with dry rub, wrap in aluminum foil, let this marinade in the fridge for a few hours, then into the oven for 2.5 hours at 250 degrees.

Should I try boiling them instead, then sear in the oven or grill over fire?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Yes.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

How long to boil them?

Comment

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/s...bs-recipe.html
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I cook mine in a slow cooker with barbecue sauce and seasoning for several hours, then finish them on the barbecue. Great taste and the meat falls off the bones.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I cook mine in a slow cooker with barbecue sauce and seasoning for several hours, then finish them on the barbecue. Great taste and the meat falls off the bones.
            My slow cooker ceramic dish is broken, I only have the outside shell. But your idea sounds great.

Comment

Cut back on the temp and increase the time. Local American that does REAL BBQ thinks 6 to seven hours about right in the smoker. He suggest about 100 C.

Yours looked great but did the meat fall from the bone or did you have to cut it off. Sort of a test for good ribs.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

My slow cooker is broken so I seasoned them, put them in pot with a lid, covered everything with barbecue sauce, added water, added fresh onion, and simmering on very low heat for several hours. The worst thing that could happen is all water evaporates and my house fills with smoke so I have to watch it.

Comment

Well, that's better than "My ribs are coming out, tough!"

A comma makes a world of difference...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I have heard many professional and competitive cookers say that falling off the bone is overcooked.
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Cut back on the temp and increase the time. Local American that does REAL BBQ thinks 6 to seven hours about right in the smoker. He suggest about 100 C.

Yours looked great but did the meat fall from the bone or did you have to cut it off. Sort of a test for good ribs.
                      Maybe he just had the HP of beef... old and tough .

Just teasing my friend .
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I've never had a really decent rib. If it weren't for the millions that said ribs are good, and I like to watch triple DDD, I feel like I'm missing out.
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                          I have heard many professional and competitive cookers say that falling off the bone is overcooked.
                          Then they are out of the curve. A professional here, American, cooks then that when you pick up a bone the meat falls off. Most good ribs in the South are the same way. Ribs, a very cheap meat, like many cheap vegetables came from American Blacks and they like it falling off the bone.

I wonder if your professionals have ever been to the South or made it past being a Mc D burger flipper.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            Then they are out of the curve. A professional here, American, cooks then that when you pick up a bone the meat falls off. Most good ribs in the South are the same way. Ribs, a very cheap meat, like many cheap vegetables came from American Blacks and they like it falling off the bone.

I wonder if your professionals have ever been to the South or made it past being a Mc D burger flipper.
                            I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of cooking shows.

Have you heard of Myron Mixon, Jack's Old South? He's won hundreds of competitions.

Or how about Johnny Trigg, Smoking Triggers? World champs at ribs.

Maybe you are the one out of the curve...
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                              I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of cooking shows.

Have you heard of Myron Mixon, Jack's Old South? He's won hundreds of competitions.

Or how about Johnny Trigg, Smoking Triggers? World champs at ribs.

Maybe you are the one out of the curve...
                              I suspect it may be down to how your teeth are. At my age, I'm certainly going for fall off the bone variety.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X