Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib eye: medium rare or medium?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Think of it this way: you can eat a good steak with nothing to drink, or with Budweiser, or with a good beer.
    uSUALLY WITH A GOOD STEAK OR RIBS, DRINKING A BEER IS PRETTY FAR AWAY FROM MY THINKING. fat THUMBS. How ever waiting for then and then after is of course an other story.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
      Flip, flip, flip. Then flip, flip, flip.
      Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      No, no, no. High heat, sear bottom side, flip and sear. Turn heat down to medium and flip....cook until almost done to your preference and then one final flip and turn off heat and let rest.
      http://www.channel4.com/programmes/h...t-steak-recipe
      Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
      Don't eat the fat.
      Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      What fat? You were suppose to trim the fat off before cooking.
      Nah. Imparts flavour to the flesh while cooking .
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        Flip, flip, flip. Then flip, flip, flip.

        Don't eat the fat.
        No, no, no, and no again.

        Cook it quickly. 60% one side, 40% the other, let it rest for a couple of minutes...

        ... then eat that mother like you are a caveman.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

        That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Rojik View Post
          No, no, no, and no again.

          Cook it quickly. 60% one side, 40% the other, let it rest for a couple of minutes...

          ... then eat that mother like you are a caveman.
          If you can get your pan seriously hot then I'd agree with you. In Britain our hobs can only impart so much heat, thus you flip, so that you scorch the outside before the heat can penetrate further inside. You want it almost black on the outside and almost raw in the middle imho.

          I think we are all on the same page here .
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
            If you can get your pan seriously hot then I'd agree with you. In Britain our hobs can only impart so much heat, thus you flip, so that you scorch the outside before the heat can penetrate further inside. You want it almost black on the outside and almost raw in the middle imho.

            I think we are all on the same page here .
            Nick, you could try sticking your (cast iron) fry pan into a hot (375-425F) oven and then searing your steak on both sides.
            And no, we're on page three...
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
              If you can get your pan seriously hot then I'd agree with you. In Britain our hobs can only impart so much heat, thus you flip, so that you scorch the outside before the heat can penetrate further inside. You want it almost black on the outside and almost raw in the middle imho.

              I think we are all on the same page here .
              What? You heathen don't use gas stoves???

              That's gotta be a cuisine crime... Oh its the UK, they commit cuisine crime all the time...

              Credo quia absurdum.


              Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Think of it this way: you can eat a good steak with nothing to drink, or with Budweiser, or with a good beer.
                True, but then one can also enjoy a great beer - not Budweiser - without having to eat a steak!
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  True, but then one can also enjoy a great beer - not Budweiser - without having to eat a steak!
                  You really didn't ned to add American Bud when talking about beer, good or otherwise.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                    What? You heathen don't use gas stoves???

                    That's gotta be a cuisine crime... Oh its the UK, they commit cuisine crime all the time...

                    We have gas stoves, but the Health and Safety Police are stronger here. The type of gas stove I want is only allowed in restaurants here.

                    As for your latter comment, although us Brits do have an image of enjoying rubbish food, it's only half true.

                    Some Brits like fatty chips, overcooked meat and veg boiled away to nothing .

                    When I go on holiday with Brits, we always end up in two groups. It's always initially based on food. Half of Brits want domestic stuff. Half of Brits go abroad to enjoy foreign.

                    Half(ish) of we Brits like good food. We don't care where it comes from, hence the multitude of Chinese and Indian restaurants.
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                      We have gas stoves, but the Health and Safety Police are stronger here. The type of gas stove I want is only allowed in restaurants here.

                      As for your latter comment, although us Brits do have an image of enjoying rubbish food, it's only half true.

                      Some Brits like fatty chips, overcooked meat and veg boiled away to nothing .

                      When I go on holiday with Brits, we always end up in two groups. It's always initially based on food. Half of Brits want domestic stuff. Half of Brits go abroad to enjoy foreign.

                      Half(ish) of we Brits like good food. We don't care where it comes from, hence the multitude of Chinese and Indian restaurants.
                      Nick, I was just yanking the Brit chain. Though one of my buddies had a horrifying tale about getting a deep fried hamburger when visiting there. Also there's that thing called haggis, banned in the US. Yes its illegal to import that...

                      I think that may be the only dish specified as too awful to import...
                      Credo quia absurdum.


                      Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                        We have gas stoves, but the Health and Safety Police are stronger here. The type of gas stove I want is only allowed in restaurants here.

                        As for your latter comment, although us Brits do have an image of enjoying rubbish food, it's only half true.

                        Some Brits like fatty chips, overcooked meat and veg boiled away to nothing .

                        When I go on holiday with Brits, we always end up in two groups. It's always initially based on food. Half of Brits want domestic stuff. Half of Brits go abroad to enjoy foreign.

                        Half(ish) of we Brits like good food. We don't care where it comes from, hence the multitude of Chinese and Indian restaurants.
                        I take your point, but you have to be careful;

                        I'll try anything once, but the last time I had squid (in the Netherlands) I made an intimate study of every knothole in the sh*thouse door, and only survived with frozen bogroll.
                        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I prefer killing my steaks at the table!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Think of it this way: you can eat a good steak with nothing to drink, or with Budweiser, or with a good beer.
                            Budwiser and good beer should not be mentioned in the same sentence...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Pan seared ribeye steak. Yum.

                              Leave the steaks out at room temperature for 1-1/2 hours, this will relax the meat fibers and make for a tender juicy steak.

                              You will need an instant-read thermometer and a cast-iron or a heavy oven-proof skillet. I usually get my butcher to cut me a couple of 1 inch thick ribeye steaks.

                              Do not add on any salt until the steak is finished cooking, salt draws out the juices.

                              Start by searing it in a skillet then finished cooking in the oven. This is the recipe/method for the perfect seared steak.

                              The thermometer will help you reach the level of doneness you desire.

                              Last thing is to let it sit for a few mins before cutting into it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                A bit off topic but not much. Yesterday I bought bison for the first time and wanting to know the best way to cook it.

                                Also how to I quite it down, she has been tearing up the place all day and my wife's idea of taking it for a walk didn't work out that well.
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                                Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                                you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X